Six - Katherine

Katherine's head felt like it had been hit with a sledge hammer. Several. Times.

Her eyelids were heavy, but she managed to open them. She was greeted with a bedroom, one of the dorm rooms to be exact, but it wasn't Katherine's. She untangled myself from the bed sheets and sat up to get a better view of the bedroom. And there was a guy sleeping on the sofa. He looked sound asleep although she couldn't see his face for his mop of blond hair.

Before she could get up and get out of here, the guy on the sofa started to stir. They sat up and pushed his hair back, revealing his face.

And oh gods was he gorgeous.

"Oh you're up," he said with a nod.

"Who are you? And why am I here?" Katherine asked. She tried to hide that her voice was shaking but she didn't think it worked.

"Oh of course. My name's Olly. You got really drunk last night and I kinda rescued you from an awkward situation and I couldn't find your friend and I didn't know where you live, so I brought you back here?" He said, "Are you okay?"

"So nothing happened?" Katherine asked.

"Nothing happened," he confirmed. He opened his mouth to speak and quickly shut it again, "Well you did kiss me when you were drunk but that's not exactly your fault, I mean-"

"Wait what? You call that nothing?"

"Well it's in the past now, you were really drunk, and I didn't do anything to stop you so it's as much my fault as it is yours."

Katherine rolled her eyes. "But nothing happened here?"

"No no of course not, I just brought you back here because I don't know where you live and I couldn't just leave you at the party," he said.

Katherine was sceptical, but something told me he wasn't lying. She could hear Mallory's voice in her head, persuading her not to trust him but she ignored it.

"Are you hungry?" Olly asked, getting to his feet. Katherine nodded and got out of the bed and followed Olly through to the tiny kitchen.

"Take a seat," he said, gesturing to the table and chairs in the corner.

He took out ingredients and utensils out of a cupboard and paused before turning around. "Do you like omelettes?" Olly asked, his hand hovering over a egg box.

"Yeah," Katherine replied. Olly nodded and started to beat some eggs.

"What do you want in it?" He asked, "I've got ham, cheese, some bacon, peppers and I think I've got tomatoes."

"Can I have cheese, bacon and peppers please?" Katherine replied.

"Of course," Olly said. He chopped up cheese, peppers and bacon into pieces and slowly added them to the pan.

Olly placed the omelettes on the table. He sat down in the seat opposite Katherine and handed her a knife and fork. For a split second they made eye contact and Katherine's heart almost skipped a beat. But then Olly started digging into his omelette and the moment disappeared just like that. Katherine's flushed cheeks didn't.

Katherine didn't know if it was the fact that he had cared for her when she was drunk or that he was just stunning, but she was catching a case of the feelings. How can a nice, kind guy, who is caring enough to bring a girl he doesn't know back to his dorm when she's passed out, be that beautiful? Katherine thought it wouldn't be possible.

"If this omelette is as good as everything else you make, then you're a great cook," she commented.

Olly laughed. "When it's one of the only things you can cook, you tend to be okay at it."

"I see," Katherine smiled, "It's tastes amazing."

Just as Katherine was about to take another bite there was a noise coming from outside. It sounded like screaming and there was another noise that she couldn't work out too. Olly furrowed his brow, and got up to go and look out the bedroom window. Katherine followed him but before she could get through the door Olly spun around.

"We need to go," he said, ushering me towards the door.

"What? Why?" Katherine asked.

"The building's gonna collapse," he said, "We need to get out of here now."

What happened next was kind of a blur. The noise from before, which Katherine discovered was the sound of the outside wall of Ollys dorm cracking, was getting worse. Once they were out of the dorm, Olly grabbed my arm and raced down the stairs. Katherine could barely see for dust, but Olly seemed to know where he was going.

The tiny lobby area of the building was pandemonium. There was a thin layer of dust on the ground and trails of footprints going in every direction. There were students shouting and the rumbles coming from above brought screams. Olly led Katherine through the dust and dodged students.

Olly sped through the campus car park, which was conveniently just outside the building.

"Wait what are you doing?" She yelled over the noise.

"We need to get out of here," Olly replied.

"Why?"

"I'll explain in the car, just get in," he yelled. He opened the drivers door of the car next to him. When he realised Katherine hadn't moved, he turned around. "Please," he pleaded, hitting me with puppy dog eyes.

Katherine reluctantly got in the passenger side and put on the seatbelt. Olly pulled out of the parking space and sped off.

"Explain," She said, just as Olly was about to speak.

"That building is about to collapse because of us."

"What?"

"We need to get far away from here because the person who made that happen, won't stop until she gets what she wants," Olly explained.

"You're skimming. I want the whole story," Katherine said, trying to keep her voice from shaking.

Olly sighed. "We've got a long drive out of LA anyway, so I might as well tell you everything, right from the start."

"Good. You owe me that," Katherine replied.

A/N

Hello there!

I'be been writing down my ideas for this in a (lovely and amazing) notebook, and honestly? Good idea. Kinda therapeutic and it means I remember all this stuff. It's really getting me excited for it.

Here's your #prolifetip for this chapter (is #prolifetip a thing now? I'm making it a thing). Are you awkward like me? Do you struggle to start up a conversation with people? Well have no fear, Cheese is here! Talk about pets. Chances are the person you're talking to will either have a pet or would like one. If they're in that small percentage of people who doesn't want a pet and doesn't have one, ask them why. Then it will give you a pretty good view into the kind of person they are. 10/10 tip, thankss me later (yes I meant to put two s's there Karmagisa_Four_Life knows what's up)

Ciao my peoples

Added_Cheese