Chapter 1

I hear mother screaming my name," Sofie it's time to go". I turn to look at her i was dreading this day for months I have to meet my future husband the prince of England. My maids where still getting me ready putting my hair in a very elegant bun that matches my lavender gown with heavy earrings and diamond hair pins. I turned to my mother and said, " is this all really needed". She says," Sofie this is a wonderful young man that is willing to marry you stop complaining and let's go". I headed to the door where my best friend/ guard, Felix is waiting with a solom look on his face. When he saw me coming he put a fake smile on his face and offered me his arm. I take his arm without question and say, " hey do you think we can skip this thing". He looks at me and says, " you know I wish we could but your parents would have me hanged". I understood what he was saying but a girl can dream. Sometimes I just want to run away with Felix and be a commoner so I can chose what I want to do with my life. Here in the place my life is always about what's best for the kingdom, even who I marry I can't marry for love. I have to marry for my people which I'm willing to do because I don't have a choice and I love my kingdom. My thoughts were interrupted by Felix waving his hand in my face," Heyyy.. Are you ok? " I just look at him, he says,"let's just get this over with"and starts walking. I know he's right so I follow him to the grand spiral staircase. From here I can hear my mother and father talking to my future husband. We decend the staircase I can slowly start to see him my fiance I was not impressed. He has short dark hair and hazel eyes with a sharp jawline that I could cut my finger on, big shoulders with a lean body. Don't get me wrong he is eye candy but he just seems off he's cold and cruel I've heard of story's of how he treats his people and his servents. He was the first one to see me and gives me a wicked smile that I could feel in all down my spine. My parents see me and smile, my mother says," Oh Sofie your here". She continues to introduce me to prince Axel, he walks up to me as I try to sink into the ground. He says, "Hello darling".

thank you for reading, hugs and kisses XD, Sam