Chapter 1: Not an Easy Girl

I clocked out of the machine that stood in the employees lounge. I hung my apron up an wiped a wash cloth I over it to "clean" it. I picked up my bag an swung it over my back, an put my arms threw the strings so it rested evenly on my back. I walked out of the room an around the counter.

"See ya Bailey be careful going home." Clair said as she handed the customers they're change.

"See ya Clair." I said waving to her as I walked out of the door of the little restaurant I worked in. And down the road towards my house.

~
I kicked a stone an walked to the beat of Shut up an Dance by Walk the Moon. It was a very peaceful walk to my house. The small creek ran on the right side of the road. And you had horses an cows on both sides in fields. Hay fields were everywhere along with small farms. Little people drove this road an when they did they didn't go very fast. You had your occasional assholes but that's anywhere. It was a shame for the way some people are, they are going so fast and are missing out on all of this beautiful scenery. This is such a perfect place to live. Nothing bad ever happens here. Or so I thought....

~

I could hear the faint sound of a diesel truck thundering up behind me, even with my music playing at a loud volume. I turned around an saw a big black Dodge Cummins coming up behind me. I instantly knew that it was Alex. A couple guys sat in the bed of the truck and Alex and his right hand man, Luke, sat up front. I turned my head trying avoid them. I seen the front of the truck roll past me then stop an back up.

Great.

I continued to walk down the road to show I wasn't interested in what they had to say.

"Hey there sweet thang why don't you hop on up in here." Alex said. My eyes flickered to Luke who smiled an chewed his gum that wallowed around in his mouth. Then I looked at the guys in the bed of the truck. Who kept their mouths closed and stared at me like I was their pray.

My eyes flickered back Alex who was smiling."No." I retorted an Alex's expression changed. He went from smiling like I would give in, to hurt an a little agitated. I turned an continued my walk back to my house.

Alex drove the truck up so it matched my pace this time. He wasn't taking no for an answer. "Come on baby we're all going down to the river to a party. So why don't you stop playing hard to get an hop in an slide on over against me." He smirked "I'll treat you real good."

"No thanks." I said sharply as I kept my pace.

"Now baby-"

I stopped an faced them cutting Alex's plead off. "Listen here an listen good because I'm not saying it again. You need to move that big ass truck of yours on down the road an get out of my face. I'm not coming with you for two main reasons. One because you and your buddies are nothing but arrogant assholes, stuck up, disgusting pigs. Two because I know exactly what you guys want. I'm not one of those "easy" girls that you can sweet talk an take advantage of them act like they don't exist. I've dealt with people like you before and I'm not going down that road again. Got it?" I said raising my eyebrows at them.

I could see Alex's jaw clenched an his fists tightly gripping the steering wheel. "Alright have it your way." He finally said then peeling off an splattering mud into my face from the mud puddle that he drove into.

I let out a huff an wiped the mud away from my eyes. Before putting my headphones back in an trudging back up the road.

It was maybe five minutes later when I saw a front wheel rolling along side me. I turned my head to see Adam. I paused my music and pulled my earbuds out. He began to chuckle.