Chapter Three.

After his hour-long session with his psychotherapist, Calum walked, while listening to his music, to the train station. When he arrived, he noticed the giant sign at the entrance which stated that the rails were under construction.

"Shit" Calum said.

"Don't worry, there is a bus station down the road that stops basically everywhere the train does" a young woman said.

'Oh, okay... where abouts?"

"Just down the road on the left. It takes a bit longer, but the view is nicer."

Calum was just about to say the he prefers concrete and the smell better, but considering she was helping him, he thought just to leave it alone. She waved and starting walking back to where she appeared from.

He continued his walk until he reached the station. About 6 people were gathered there, 4 of which he recognised from the train. The bus arrived and Calum got on it last, getting the last two seats. After a few stops, the girl from the train go on. Calum smiled to himself. The first time in years. She walked to the back and sat down next to him. "Hi" he said, and she nodded her head back. But Calum didn't mind. That was all he needed.

                        *                *                *

He unlocked the door and walked in to see his brother and his mum, once again, fighting. It was a common occurrence now that their dad had left them, broken. It's a story not worth repeating, not yet anyway.

His brother, Theo, pointed at Calum and said "Why not him?"

They were having another arguement about jobs.

"Your brother is has..." I glanced at her. "Because of the way he is, he is unable to work as he starts fights and then gets fired."

"He's too young to get hired, especially in such a busy place. Maybe you should get off your ass and help provide something for the family rather than just blaming your kids for something that is all your fault." Calum stated and then walked to his room and slammed the door shut.

"YOU KIDS ARE SO UNGRATEFUL, I'M TRYING MY HARDEST CALUM, I AM. I promise."

Calum just lay on his bed, thinking about how many times she has said, that and how many times he belived her.

"Life sucks" he heard his brother say before he too slammed the door.

                *                *                *

The next morning things were normal. Arguements like the one last night are common occurrence, often sparking complaints from the surrounding appartments. Calum grabbed his bag, and some food, and told his mum he was going out for the night with some friends.

This in itself, wasn't a complete lie, as he was going out, just not with friends. Calum didn't have really any friends. Apart from Tom, who he had met at counselling, there wasn't anyone he wanted to talk to.

His plan was to get drunk and try to forget about the past month. This was a monthly cleanese he took upon himself to do. It may not've made noticable difference, but for Calum, it was better than any therapy,