Chapter 1

Slow burn (Grammatical Error)

My name Orpheus. I was a very well known novelist but after losing my memory I couldn't complete any valuable writing. Now I'm just a private detective with no client until I received a strange request finding a man's lost daughter and beside the large cheque, it's the name on the letter that intrigued me... not Orpheus but... The Game...nobody knew what it was but me... I don't exactly know what it is but I just felt as if... I know what it was before I lost my memory. After a couple of hours on driving I was stranded about a couple miles away from the Manor. I decided to continue my journey on foot. After sometime of travelling it decided to rain and I think to myself "Great...what I need is a rain in a dark and cold forest to set the atmosphere" I think to myself sarcastically but then I came across a building. I had no choice but to take refuge in it. I light up my lantern and enter the building. The sound of the door creaking is very unusual because it made a sound of a door that is still new and not an old creaking noise like a typical old doors do. I question myself and closed the door behind me. I looked around the building and think to myself "For an old structure it is well kept... no wonder the door sound is quite different... better look around for some light source before the fuel in my lantern runs out". I surveyed the room a little and founded few candles, I lit them up and room is starting to get more clear yet suddenly I heard a sound...a wind gushing inside the building when i turned around and saw a paper airplane. I think to myself "A paper airplane? These are something that kids used to play with" I approached the paper airplane and picked it up as I saw some writings on it. I began deducing the writings on the paper airplane to figure out what's on it as I found several clues about something that was referred to as the Game yet I also notice it's connected to the missing girl I was sent to investigate. The writings is actually a part of a bigger picture or more... a diary. The letters in this writing was written by a charcoal. My attention quickly turned towards the old fireplace behind me. I checked on it to see that the chimney was blocked which means whoever own this building never used the fireplace and these charcoal was never lit. Then I noticed a few candles on top of the fireplace and decided to check on them. Surely enough I pulled one of the candle and it revealed something, a bookcase. I realised that every book on this bookcase is a key to solving the missing girl I was looking for. I went through the diaries and surely enough it started to explain everything, bits and peice about this so called Game. I had an uncanny ability to sense emotions from text... this is an ability that no other posses. Being able to sense emotions of the writer on the writing he or she wrote will enable me to solve the investigation faster. I went through this particular diary about a man, although the diary did not say the name of the person it only refer to the man as Lucky Guy or Deduction Substitute which is...interesting. I began deducing the writing as I started to use my ability to sense the emotions from the text. I whisper to myself as I began to sense the emotions from the text "Sadness....guilt...dread...fear and...what?" I was confused as what was the last emotion is, it was confusing and jumbled up like nothing I have seen before and all of the sudden I began hearing voices. I dropped the book from my hand onto the ground as I see the text from the book slowly forming a circle, the voices in my head kept on screaming and crying. I put both of my hand on my head as I feel the intensity of the pain forming up, I dropped down on my knees and closed me eyes to bare the pain as the screaming and crying voices continued to get more violent. I opened my eyes slightly as the last thing I saw was a blue light shining from the circle that is on the book. Soon after that I went unconscious, during that time I felt as if I was in a deep sea... I wasn't drowning I was just... floating...slowly drifting in the deep sea... I felt such calmness and silence I never had in my life... not that I could remember at least and suddenly I saw a white shimmering light... I stared at it for a moment not knowing what is was yet Suddenly I heard a voice of a male person saying "Wake up" I stayed quiet as the voice speaks again "Wake up!" I didn't respond as I still stayed quiet and suddenly the voice yelled "Wake up! WE GOTTA GO!" Suddenly the shimmering white light flashes blinding me in the process. The next thing I know is I was awake...in a unfamiliar surrounding... it what appears to be an outside of a factory building...with a male person next to me. I think to myself "This must be Lucky Guy"...

-To Be Continued-