The New Girl

~ Fluttershy's POV ~
As I turn my steering wheel towards a road that leads to a house that says "SOLD" , I pondered about my new life in this town. How many friends will I meet? Will this town be better than my old one? Should I be worried? Am I stupid to think that I might actually be successful here?
Yes, you are stupid. You know you'll never be the same after what just happened.
I sighed, as my subconscious criticised my thoughts once again. I didn't want to recall the moment that caused me to move here in the first place.

As I parked my car in front of my new home, I felt Angel's little hands on my shoulders. I giggled with joy, and pulled him closer into a hug. Whatever happens, you'll always be here with me, I thought. I helped him down, and i started taking in my stuff down to the house.

Once I got everything sorted and everything was placed neatly in my home, I glanced glumly at the dark, boring maroon paint. I walked into the kitchen, and the paint was still in there. I grumbled to myself because I had to get new paint from the store. Wait. Silly me. I don't even know where the store was! I looked at my little bunny, who has a somewhat disappointed face, pointed at my car with my phone in the back seat. I stared at him with a straight face, then suddenly realised what he was trying to say.

"My directions app! Of course!"

Angel slapped his paw to his head, which made me scramble down to my knees.

"Omigosh! You just hit your head! Are you ok? Should I get bandages? Do you feel dizzy?"

I asked nervously, stuttering between words. Instead, I received a glare from my little friend and pointed at the car again, stomping his foot down impatiently
"Oh. Right. Paint. On my way!"
As i locked the door and headed to my car.

I cautiously looked at the road signs, and drove closer to the appliance store. When i reached to the parking lot, I parked my car carefully and walked inside the shop. A few moments later, I found myself hauling bags of pastel pink and white paints, and a bunch of little decorations as well. I bumped into a few people, so I said sorry a thousand times. It's always nice to say sorry instead of just leaving people unappreciated, It just feels wrong to me. I finally made it near to the exit, until i bumped into someone who had rainbow- coloured hair, but I couldn't see properly because my fall was a blur. I opened my eyes carefully, and heard a muffled voice. When I completely opened my eyes, I was sprawled on the floor, my purchased items rolling down the concrete.

"Fuck! I am SO sorry. I wasn't paying attention. I'll pick those up for you."As a rainbow haired girl with black leggings and a blue hoodie started picking up all my carrier bags.

"Oh no its no problem. It's my fault for being so clumsy. It's okay, I've got it." I stuttered worriedly.

I picked up the last bag when another hand touched mine. I looked opposite me and stared into wide magenta eyes. We both looked at each other for about 10 seconds, then stood there with pure awkwardness. I felt so embarrassed, I just wanted to cry.

~ Rainbow Dash's POV ~
I glanced at my phone, looking at all the messages Pinkie Pie texted me about the supplies for her party this weekend. She told me to get pink paint, streamers, and a few balloons too. I didn't mind doing all the chores, I could run fast anyway. I reached the entrance until I crashed into someone with pastel pink hair. We both fell to the ground, and me scraping the palm of my hand against a sharp rock, causing it to bleed ferociously. I Ignored the stinging pain, and started panicking.

"Fuck! Im SO sorry. I wasn't paying attention. I'll pick those up for you."I said quickly, taking all her bags and giving them to her.

Wow Rainbow Dash. Just a trip to the store and you've already injured someone. Like you always do.
Shut up brain. No one asked for your opinion.

I reached down for the last bag, then my hand touched hers. I suddenly looked into her wide, kind teal eyes. Her eyes weren't just beautiful, they were stunning. We kinda just stood there, possibly just waiting for something to happen. The silence was killing me, So i spoke up.

"I am so sorry about that. You have a lot of paint going on there. Your new here?" I asked.

"Y-y-yes..." She whispered.

"Oh cool! Well, my name is Rainbow Dash, and I go to Canterlot High School. Whats your name?" I asked again, excited that a new person has come to town.

"m-y name i-is Fluttershy." She said quietly.

"That's a cool name. Do you come to the same school?" I said with excitement.

Fluttershy squeaked, "Y-yes actually."

She seemed like such a introvert, but something about her makes me want to become friends with her. She looked at me, then looked down. I held out my hand to greet her, but i guess she saw that my hand was bleeding, because she gasped with fear.

"Oh no! You cut yourself! Come with me, I have bandages that will help with your wound." She said quickly. I blinked, not expecting for such a quiet girl to suddenly shout like that.

"Oh its nothing, It doesn't really hurt anyway so-" I lied. But before I could say anything else, she pulled my uninjured hand towards her car. I just stood there silently, while she placed her bags in the backseat and got her first-aid kit out. She wrapped a clean bandage on my hand, and stood facing me.

"Im so sorry what happened to your hand, I should have known that i-" I shushed her by putting my finger on her mouth.

"I know. It wasn't your fault. And thank you for putting the bandage on my hand. You seem like a really nice person. Do you wanna hang out sometime? I have some other friends who might wanna hang with you too! " I said, with a voice crack to go with it.

Fluttershy said "Sure, that w-would be lovely. Here's my number."

She held out her phone so I could type it on mine. We both said our goodbyes and went in our separate directions.

Author's note •
This is my very first chapter of the story, so i hoped you enjoyed it! Tell me what you think about it (if you want to) by commenting. Thanks for reading! <3