going back.

The sun radiates warmth but it will never be warm enough to not start shivering at the thought of losing this game from yourself. you see, your mind is yours. but it doesn't always take your side. and that's the problem. something that belongs to you, but isn't exactly yours. you can't part with it so you just let it eat you alive.

All those old books you don't have the heart to donate because they mean too much to you. that broken badge you wore to kindergarten back then is still lying in your shelve. waiting to be remembered. because you don't want to remember it. you don't want to remember the days where episodes of your favourite shows on the TV appeared only once and were never long enough. you don't want to remember the days when you were too short to reach the kitchen cabinet to get candies but never too short to catch your dreams.

Remember that one time when you wanted to hold bubbles in your hands but they were too fast? now that you can catch bubbles they are gone before you know it. And now you wish you never caught it because now you know you will crush them in your hands just by softly touching them. now you know dreams are destructible.

Remember when rainy days meant exploring the world in slippers and a raincoat? remember when rainy days didn't mean the skies wanting to cry with you?  those days when the moon was sometimes half and sometimes wasn't there at all but you loved it anyway? because broken things were still beautiful to you back then. but you don't feel the same way when you look at yourself in the mirror, do you?

Maybe that's why you always keep little items from your childhood, hoping you could feel the same again.

Don't we all dream impossible things?