18

(This Chapter Includes Very Mature Content! I'll tell you where it begins, but be prepared!)

An Hour Later

[E]

All four of us sat by the dining table and the room was so quiet that any noise would've scared us all. Alison had been eyeing me a couple of times to try and find out why I suddenly got so quiet, but not even Alison could get me to explain to her what's going on while being in the same room as him.

''The food is delicious, sis.'' Micah said to break the awkward tension.

Not that it helped cause right after he said it, it got deadly silent again since Alison just flashed her brother a smile in gratitude.

''Emily, would you mind coming with me for a minute?'' Alison kindly asked right before she stood up and left the dining room. I got up and followed her. Eventually we ended up in her bedroom upstairs. ''Okay, I can't stand sitting down there another minute. Can you please tell me why you're extraordinarily quiet tonight?''

''Alright, I get that Micah couldn't have known about it but why on earth did he bring that guy into this house when I am also here? It's the same as wanting to torment me subconsciously. Seriously, that guy is still giving me nightmares!''

''Wait, back up. Do you and Connor know each other?'' Alison questioned.

''He.. He's used to be like the leader of a small group of troubled youths I got in contact with before I got transferred to Jefferson. He and his friends pushed me to start hurting other kids to get rid of my internal anger.''

Alison's mouth dropped open. ''He is the one you've been talking about all along?''

''Yes. I'm sorry but eating dinner with him is the last thing I want to do.'' I clarified to her. I sat down on Alison's bed and ran a hand through my hair. ''I'm not saying he's the reason why I have this internal anger, but he is undoubtedly a big part of why it started to grow.''

Alison joined me on the bed and as her fingers intertwined with mine I felt how my heartbeats began to increase speed. ''I wish I had known that it was him. You know that I never would've agreed to let him come into this house if I had known about this.''

''I know. And I'm not mad at you, or Micah. None of you knew. But may I please ask you for one thing?''

''Anything.'' She whispered and squeezed our hands together.

I sighed. ''Don't make me go down there and face him again. Everything is floating back into my mind when I see him and I'll never get rid of the past if someone keeps reminding me of it.''

''Of course you don't have to. You can wait up here while I go tell Micah to leave with him.'' Alison pressed her warm lips against my cheek before she got up to leave the room.

''Ali?'' I called out after her.

She turned around in the door frame to face me. ''Yes?''

''I love you.'' I breathed out. Just watching her had always made me weak, and like that wasn't hard enough she let out her beautiful laugh right before she replied.

''I love you too, silly.''

Alison's footsteps was heard halfway down the stairs, then it got silent. I scooted further up on the bed and spread out my arms and legs all over the wide sheet. I had always loved this bed. Not only because it was huge, but also because every pillow on it smelled like Alison.

I grabbed the tv remote from the nightstand and turned on the tv, only to stop on the channel that aired the tv series supergirl. Imagine how amazing it'd be to be like her. Having all those powers, yet only using them for good purpose.