Chapter Nine: Reigning Pain in New Orleans

⚜️☽⚜️

There will come a soldier

Who carries a mighty sword

He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord

O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord

He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord

|

The Oh Hellos 

⬦⬥⬦

My siblings and I are the first vampires in history, the Originals. 300 years ago, we helped build New Orleans. In our absence, a new king arose. Now I've returned and taken his kingdom as my own. I had hoped this would bring our family together. I was wrong.

|3RD PERSON|

Isabel and Klaus move around the abattoir setting up for a dinner party with Marcel and his men. Isabel wanted to do it herself instead of having Klaus minions do it, much to his displeasure.

Ever since Elijah was hexed, he has been overprotective of her and the baby, his daughter, and heir to the throne. Isabel just wants to act like normal, she doesn't like having a protection detail. She can take care of herself, she's done it before. 

"I don't see why you wouldn't just let me compel someone to do all this," Klaus says while setting a wine glass on the table set up in the middle of the courtyard.

Isabel sets down a fork and turns to look at her mate. "Because it's good to do things like a human every so often. Keeps you humble. Not that you know the meaning of that."

Klaus rolls his eyes and moves to wrap his arms around her. She leans against him and smiles. There are some good things about him being overprotective, this is one of those things.

The only thing that would make the moment better, would have Elijah around to share it with her. He may not be banned like Rebekah, but he still has been keeping his distance just to be safe. 

Isabel looks up at Nik and smiles a bright smile. She wiggles out of his grip and finishes setting the table.

"I'll have you know I can be humble," Nik says with his signature crooked smile.

Isabel laughs and makes her way out of the courtyard to get ready for the party.

⬦⬥⬦