The Little Old Lady

Once upon a time, there was a woman called the Little Old Lady. She lived in a lone cottage deep in the forest, far away from the town and markets. Due to this distance, she had to hunt for food herself. So one morning, she journeyed into the woods with hunting gear in hand to search for some prey.

     Not long after she had sent out, she came face to face with a bear! She won the encounter by defeating the bear, but by seeing that its meat was of no use to her, she ended up throwing the bear away in search of some fish. 

     By evening, she came upon a stream and successfully caught multiple fish, later roasting it over a fire for her dinner. After eating her meal, she felt sick to her stomach, so she laid down in her makeshift bed and slept to try and ease the pain. When she woke up, she barely felt any better, and decided that hunting for her own food was not a good idea.

     She spent that next morning trekking all the way across the woods and into town, and by the time she made it, she was absolutely ravenous. She spied a freshly baked loaf of bread in the markets and, since she unfortunately didn't have any money on her person, decided to steal it. She later settled down for the night and ate her hard-earned meal. After she was done, she felt even worse, and vowed to see the town's doctor to diagnose her ailment.

     During the next morning, the Little Old Lady headed to the doctor's offices where she met with a very strange old man, presumably the doctor himself. They scheduled an appointment to discuss treatments for her unexplained sickness, and the doctor appointed a very strange one indeed. He told her of an old prophecy that could heal anything affecting a person, that only required three things:

red berries from the softest bushes, silver water from a hidden lake deep in the forest, and an egg from a bird that was the last of its kind and lived in the tallest tree in the world. 

     This would be no easy task, as it involved journeying through dangerous terrain, required a large amount of time and energy, and even used magic. This seemed to be a daunting expedition for the Little Old Lady, but she accepted the challenge with all her might. Having received this answer, the doctor gave her potions that boosted her stamina and strength, and she was ready to set out on the most adventurous quest in her long life.

     She made it back to her forest, searching for the tallest tree that held the egg first. She had not gotten far, only under the cliff, when she heard a sound that made her stop in her tracks. She looked around her, and although she couldn't see anything coming, she still heard the sound. She even felt it.

     Rumble. Rumble. It was coming closer, she could tell. She kept looking and kept not finding anything, until she realized the one direction she had not looked. The Little Old Lady looked up at the cliff's edge, only to see the rocks rumbling down toward her and crushing her.

THE END~

_____AUTHOR'S NOTE_____

I know this was very short and the end was very anticlimactic, sorry about that :/

But I promise that this is not the end of the Little Old Lady! *wink wink*

Thanks to anyone reading this and the rest of this collection of weird and silly/horror stories; me and my friends literally made them up all at once for fun, and I promised I would make something of them - and there's even more of them to come!

~JAPEGB