Chapter 14 : The Only Exception

After waking up 5 minutes ago , i found myself staring at my breakfast not knowing what to do . Yes i know I'm suppose to pick up the spoon and eat , but that's not what i meant . What i meant was what am i supposed to do when Devon get back with the reports . I did not thought this through , if i did found something what am i suppose to do with it? Am i even ready to face the real killer .

Someone tapped my shoulder and i went back to reality . I turned around too see who it was .

It was Aunt

" hey hunny , you okay? "

" yeah " we're talking but i shut her down pretty quick

" then why are you starring at your breakfast ? " i hate it when she does this

First it was when i kept listening to music with head phones on when they are around . She kept on saying i have to 'socialize' more . She knows very well that i socialize around people easily , but it obviously depends on how the people are .

It happened again when i was looking at the cottage and she patted my shoulder and asked ' are you okay? do you want to talk about it? ' it's really weird because the reason I'm like this is because of her , and she obviously knows that .

i continued eating my breakfast and waited for aunt and dad to go out . By the time they went out it was three o'clock in the afternoon . It was scary going up to the cottage even though the sun is still up . Going in i realised that it was messier than before and dustier , but i was pretty sure it wasn't my fault for the mess .

Going up the grand stairs i felt nervous for the first time . I glanced around and for the first time , i realized that the cottage looked bigger inside . From outside it looks like a small or normal cottage , but when you stepped in its more grand than you think . I was to busy looking for answers i didn't notice the small details about the cottage , not that it mattered .

I looked over at the box and took two books that was similar to aunts diary i have in my room . I went down the steps and took a closer look at the first floor . Everything was the same , but then i saw the boxes on the corner of the room . It wasn't there before so i decided to take a look at it .

I rummaged through it and didn't found anything interesting , until i came across a red box . It was an accessory box , there was a necklace inside . It was similar to the one Devon gave to me that belonged to my mom . I was happy to have something of moms again . There was an inscription at the middle of the pendant .

' You are the only exception ' ( it was to hard to read because it was smudged )

- <3 John - '

I nearly dropped the necklace , but i did dropped the diary . I kept reciting the inscription in my head trying to find a way that its not what i think it is , but after trying to rack my brain it still sounds like what I'm afraid of . This is impossible , maybe i just read it wrong . Maybe dad was giving to someone in the family .

But what kind of family would use a sentence that sounds like that . I don't want to say it because i can not deal with this , i have alot of things going on already . As much as i want to deny it , its still true .

Dad could be cheating on mom