Missing You

I had always been a nobody. It seemed as if I was invisible. There was a brick wall on Elm Street. I would always sit against the wall and admire the beautiful city. Traveling was always a dream of mine. Looks were the only things that mattered in this city. The heart was always put aside.

There was always a guy who would walk around with a camera. He came and took a picture of me.

"why did you do that?"

"someday this picture will be valuable,it would mean the world to somebody." I had never thought about a picture that way.

"Everyday I see you with a camera taking pictures of the city, why do you do that?"

"I want the memory to last forever, " I could tell he had big dreams.

"Fly high," I said.

He smiled then went away. When it was about 10pm I would go to my small apartment. It was only a block away. Christmas was right around the corner. There was a man out of a small shop. I held up fifty cents and said,"this is all I have."

He just smilled. Looks are the only thing that matter in this city. I was very poor. I had no nice clothes. I was living on my own my parents had passed away when I was 10. I had 5 years living on my own.

There was a knock on my door. It was the guy with the camera.

"May I help you?"

"Your sad, your emotional, something is wrong, what is it?"

"Nothing," he was reading my mind.

"Dont lie to me. I see that sad look on your face everyday. I can tell something is bothering you," I motion for him to come in. He takes a seat on the chair.

Everyday I sit against that wall and i see how people are treated. It makes me so mad that looks are the only thing that matter. Why cant we judge people for thier personality. People cant be treated this way!" Feels good to say that.

"look ill be here for you through thick and thin. I know we only met but i feel like ive known you for a long time. This is the second time ive asked this to someone, but would you be my girlfriend?" I dont know what to say to him.

"I dont know." His face changes.

"yess," i scream. His face lights up.

He hugs me tight. He looks into my eyes and we kiss.