Chapter 2: Home Sweet Home

Hi everyone! Hope you enjoyed the introductory chapter! There will be some fighting in the next chapter, but for now, I wanted a chance to show the personal side of Team Unstoppable. Hope you enjoy!

There was a small disturbance on the surface. A figure swam through the water at an incredible speed from the depths. They climbed higher and higher. The light got brighter and the disturbances continued. There, there was the source. A dark sphere floating in the water. The target was locked. Half a second later, it disappeared!

The figure looked. Another one of his kind had snatched it away! Another plip and a dark sphere appeared. Once more, the figure swam up, furiously pumping the water in and out. He opened his jaws wide, and gulped it in one piece! There were a few more disturbances, and he saw them scattered throughout the water.

Reiki smiled. He dropped the food pellets into the fish tank and watched. They were fighting so viciously, yet there was no sound. He had a 10 gallon tank in his apartment that held all kinds of fish from the bright neon tetras to the duller Danios along with some platies, two oscars, and one male Betta.

The teenager turned around to care for his other animals. He lived in a studio apartment, where there were no doors besides the bathroom, on the edge of town. However, since he lived alone, this didn't matter. Stepping in the doorway, there was a short hallway with a kitchen to the left and a bathroom to the right. Roughly fifty feet later the hallway ended and expanded into a single area.

There was a single, short wall perpendicular to the back wall. It separated the bed, dresser, and nightstand on the right from the rest of the room. To the left of the separation wall was a three-seater couch that faced a desk with a bookshelf overhead. 

In front of the two windows, there were three different long tables, each one filled with a pet cage. There was another one against the wall itself. From left to right, there was a 10 gallon fish tank, a two story rodent cage with five gerbils, a 10 gallon tank with a lizard, and finally — on the cage sitting against the separation wall — was a 10 gallon tank that held two hermit crabs.

All of them, except the gerbils, had been his pets when he lived in his parents house. Upon renting an apartment, he took them along and bought the rodents — they don't live that long. Reiki wanted cats, but he was afraid they would get into the gerbils' cage. He wanted birds, but they were messy and loud. He wanted a snake, but again the gerbils plus he didn't have much room left for another 5 or 10 gallon terrarium. The same reason applied for not getting a turtle.

Also, anymore pets would mean more expenses. He fed the gerbils and hermit crab vegetables and fruits, but the lizard required insects he bought and the fish ate food pellets. Plus, there was the expenses of dirt or shavings, water conditioner, and food supplements along with decorations.

Oh well. Reiki went to the fridge and took out two small containers of vegetables. One for the gerbils, one for the hermit crabs. He put them in the cages and put the container back. Then he fed the lizard some of the mealworms. Finally, he changed the water for the reptile and the crustaceans. After he did that, he glanced around the floor. His hermit crabs were somewhere. He often let them roam around the apartment during the day and then put them back at night.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door in a specific pattern. Dun-dun-dunnnnn-dun-dun-dunnnnn. The scarlet teenager opened the door to a beautiful sunset and his two best friends. He was unfazed by the seven different bags they each held on their arms. Plus, Nashi had a drumstick in one hand and was slurping a slushie from the other. He chuckled.

"I see you found something," Reiki said. Cris grinned nervously.

"Ha ha yeahhhh. We did," he responded.