The Tale

To begin with, the Man, is a character inspired from one of the characters from one of the gems of cinema,(I’ll tell the title at the end). My sincere advise is, please read the entire story first and then look into the movie I’ll mention. This is because, if you by any chance look into it before, you will certainly not be able to visualize Prabhas as the protagonist. I myself took a huge load of time to do that. And for those who have already seen that film, it is up to you to visualize the cast as per your choice.
But for now, it IS  a pranushka story.
(edited)
Okay now... Tag your friends. I need them to read. Please!
*************
It was heavy air all around, very surprisingly, bringing a strange peace in her heart. It was when she was a little child, when she had heard about Udupi, the place where her mother was born and brought up. As the same little child, she had heard stories about Lord Krishna, who had turned himself around to bless his ardent devotee Kanakadasa, who was tied behind the temple, for he was a shepherd.

And after three years of degree education, she finally dug out time for herself to visit the place. Her only soul friend had her entire family living there. So stay and food was already taken care of.

“Do you speak the typical Manglore kannada?” Sneha asked Jessie.

“Nah! But my family speaks, they are familiar with Tulu as well.” Jessie replied, bringing down her bag pack.

The two of them climbed down the bus and covered their heads with their stoles to protect themselves from the heat.

“ We have to walk 2 kilometers further from here to reach my house.
My good-for-nothing brother hasn’t turned up…as expected..” Jessie huffed.

Sneha smiled and followed, carrying her two huge bags.
******************
“Amma! I hope you have prepared something vegetarian for Sneha!” Jessie shouted from upstairs, wiping her face with a towel.

“that’s okay J… I’ll find a hotel for myself…you guys enjoy” Sneha said, unpacking her luggage.

“Darling! The beach is just a kilometer away from my house. So basically, all the hotels and restaurants you find mainly serve fish. I’ve told mother to cook vegetarian as long as you are here. Don’t worry!”

***************
“ Jessie! I’m going to the beach…can you please send me the location of your house…in case I get lost …”

“ Are you sure you want to go alone? Wait for one day no… I’ll come with you as well!”

“ I know you are hell tired. Sleep and take rest. Ill be back before evening! And… send me the location”

“ Fine! But be careful okay…don’t get too chatty with the boatmen…they seem sweet…but aren’t that safe.”
*******************
It took about 10 minutes to reach the beach. Sneha, being a keen observer was fascinated by the nature surrounding, it was a new experience by itself.

Taking out the camera from her bag, she began capturing the beauty.

It was a weekday, hence the beach seemed quite empty. If there were people, then they were those who’s living was dependent on the waterbody, the fishermen, boatmen, and a few toy sellers who were waiting for the children to turn up.

All the boats arranged so neatly on the shore urged her to come and a take a ride. She remembered what Jessie had said, about the “unsafe” boatmen, but that would be if she turned chatty, if she stayed quite, they would certainly be safe, she thought and proceeded.

While trying to choose the boat she wanted to ride on, she saw a man at a distance. He was on the boat, well, sleeping on the deck, wearing a local dhothi and a really ugly colored shirt, buttoned halfway, upto his chest. He had a cigarette between his lips, which he meddled time and again when he spoke.