Rainbow- Will

Any homophobic jerks best not be leaving comments or so help me god, I will find you, and I will kill you like the pest you are. Got it?

School sucks. No matter how big of a nerd you are, going to school still sucks. There are multiple reasons not to enjoy it: the food, the homework, the monotony of a never-changing teaching method, the forced physical activity...

The bullies.

Will Byers was just one of the many people tormented by the school bully. His name was Troy Harrington,  and he was a scoundrel. The only thing that made it better for him was his friend group.

The Freak Show, people called them. They preferred the name The AV club, or the party. It was easier to face school with them by his side. Especially Y/n and Mike, his closest friends. He'd known them since he was a toddler, and they got him through the toughest parts of his life, including but not limited to: the time he was trapped in the upside down, the time he got possessed by a creature from the upside down, and, the latest in their fun adventures, the time the creature was left behind and they had to up-close the gate to the place of his nightmares, the upside down.

This time, while going to school, you'd think that bullies would seem like nothing to this boy who has been through so much, who just can't catch a break. You would be wrong.
___
Will was walking in the yard outside the school, hanging out with his friends. Of course, for William Byers, having a good time is illegal. Enter Troy, an egotistical jerk who doesn't seem to know what it's like to be nice. Will groaned quietly as Troy strutted up to them. He was so busy having his life in mortal danger he almost forgot that Troy existed. Y/n lightly started stroking the back of Will's arm to relax him, but nobody saw it, due to how close the group was huddled together.

"New episode of the Freak Show! Zombie boy living the single life! Even Midnight and Toothless have gotten girlfriends, where's yours? I guess nobody wanted to date the gay little zombie. You were a fairy before, and you're still a-" THWACK! Before Will could blink, a lot of things happened at once. Y/n punched Troy, sending him reeling back. Dustin came forward to protect Y/n and fell face first into the ground, and Mike and Lucas pulled Will back to protect him. Troy, recovering, came forward to punch her back, since he wasn't sure who had done it, and could barely see past the tears. If he could see, he would've noticed that she was a girl, which would deter him from his goal to punch her, but he didn't. This was what lead to Troy, on top of having a broken nose from the first punch, having a dislocated shoulder from her defense on his punch.

He, of course, didn't go whining to the principal about it. He'd ruin his reputation, and probably improve hers. No, he just cried and ran to the nurse's office. I never found out what excuse he gave her, but I know for a fact he didn't mention Y/n's name.

In his astonishment, Will blinked twice, unable to process what had just happened. Y/n helped Dustin up from the floor, as he squealed excitedly, "I can't wait to tell Suzie what just happened!"

Will was slowly developing tears, but he kept calm and faked a smile, looking at y/n in awe of her strength. "WOAHH Y/N THAT WAS BADASS," was a helpful addition by Lucas,  who, like everyone else, didn't notice y/n and Will locking eyes in a small second, where they silently expressed their respect for each other.  "Thanks...Thanks y/n," Will muttered, smiling at her. She smiled back at him softly, her eyes looking up. She was still getting used to having to look up at Will, with his new growth spurt sending him towering over her, and often when she looked at him, aiming for his face, her eyes landed somewhere around his chin and neck, and she had to move them upwards to where his head was now. She bit her lip, grinning widely, "no problem. If that jerk bothers you again, I'd be happy to actually injure him."

"That wasn't an injury?"

"Pfft, no. And just so you know, there's no shame even if you are gay. I should know," she replied to will, "I'm bisexual."

---------
Sooo im gonna end it here. I know I didn't post a part two for the last one yet but I'll do it soon. What else am I gonna do during cOrOnA tImE?