First Date: Will (part 2)

In case you forgot what happened last time: Will is going on a date with Stacy, the resident mean girl in your life. You "used to" have a crush on him and he found out. Shit happened but now you have to help him prepare for the date.

Once I was at his house, Will and I were hanging out in his room. I was mostly just reading a book while paying vague attention to Will with his DnD toys. Of course, I wanted to join him, but there was still a certain awkward air. Or was that just in my head? No, it's gotta be affecting him too, right? He's stolen like ten glances at me and not said anything. TEN!

So finally, he finishes playing when the phone rings in the other room, and Joyce calls out, "Will, it's for you! It's a girl.."

We both look at each other and mouth 'stacy'. As soon as he leaves to answer her call -and I'm gonna be honest, that boy scrambled to his feet and ran faster than I've ever seen him run- I'm scowling and pull my knees up to my chest.

Joyce enters the room, and sees me. I'm not crying- but I'm close to it. To be honest, she probably knows. I'm so close to crying that my eyes are already filled up with tears. As usual, I open my eyes wider, try to dry them out, and blink while rubbing my eyes as if I'm sleepy. Works every time.

Or so I thought. Joyce takes one look at me, sits down beside me, and immediately starts asking questions, "Who is that girl?" "Why is Will so excited about her?" "What did he do to make you cry?" "Do I need to give him a talk about something?"

I will the tears to disappear and shake my head, "Will didn't do anything, I'm fine, I've just got something in my eye. Ugh, it's burning my eyes a lot!" I make a big show of blinking and rubbing my eyes. There's a reason I'm in the drama club.

"Are you sure?" I nod, faking a smile. At that moment, Will walks in, smiling like an idiot, ready to tell me all about her call when he sees Joyce, and half smiles, "Uh, mom, the call's over. I think you better hurry though, dinner might burn."

At that obvious signal, Joyce got up, squeezed my shoulder, and walked over to Will, whispering something which made him blush and shake his head vigourosly. He started sputtering for a second before closing the door, walking over and sitting down next to me.

His arm slightly brushed against him as he sat down. I felt slight tingles, but I shook the thought out of my head immediately. No, shut up Y/n you're supposed to be getting over him already! He looked at me strangely as I blinked and shook my head.

"Are you... Having a conversation with yourself... In your head?" He asked, slightly laughing. I smiled, "It's nothing. So, about your training...."

(Skip to a training montage)

Will looking for clothes in his closet as Y/n shakes her head each time he holds out an outfit. Finally they pick on one outfit...

Will and Y/n brainstorming ideas for what food to eat during the date, along with where to go. Sometimes Will pitches an idea and Y/n shakes her head, and sometimes Y/n pitches an idea and Will rejects it. In the end they choose a fancy dinner set up in the local park because Stacy's that kinda person...

Will and Y/n hanging out at school along with Mike, Lucas, Max and Dustin. Stacy getting jealous and pulling Will away from his friends...

Will and Y/n walking together in the hallways and Will pushing Y/n away and running over to Stacy every time he sees her..........

Will and Y/n sitting in front of each other in a fancy-looking dinner table setup while doing pretend dates as Y/n teaches Will about table etiquette. They're laughing around a lot and just having fun together. They could've sworn it felt like a real date, only neither of them would admit it...