Part 14

"I wondered if I'd be able to see Blake if I took a nap?" I thought aloud. I decided against it and instead texted Kayla since I knew she was on her lunch break. "What're you thinking?" I asked and sent a thinking emoji. She didn't reply right away like she normally did, she didn't even read it. I waited a few more minutes, but still no sign of activity from her. I looked out the nearest window, which was to my left, and smiled at the lovely day outside. Maybe I'll take a walk, or have a picnic; it's not like I have anything better to do. I got up and packed a lunch and my bag, and headed for the park.

The warm breeze washed across my face pleasantly and the toasty sunlight washed against my paled skin. This was a great idea, it was about time I was back under the sun. I walked the two blocks to Kenson's Park, smiling the whole time.  Kenson's Park was a plot of grassy land perfect for walks, picnics, and just simply being outside. As I walked along the sidewalk of Kenson Park, I passed a young couple around my age. I didn't mean to stare and wish me and Blake were in their place, but I guess I did because when I looked away from them I was crossing a crosswalk. This would've been fine if the crossing sign was on walk and not stop.