Chapter 2: Being a Superhero/ Vigilante is Complicated

Being a superhero/ vigilante is complicated. Let's start with the simple stuff. I am apart of the Team Flash and I have been from the very beginning.  So, I'm pretty tight with all of them. I have metahuman powers where I can manipulate energy (actually it's Mana). Now for the complicated part. I am part alien. And I have memories of a life where I watched Ralph die while we were outside of Jitters.

My parents are villains, both of which want to kill the Flash and [Superhero Name] (which is me). Our whole team dynamic is complicated. And I may have been apart of Team Flash since pre-Flash, but I still feel like an outsider. And I very might be one to them.

"[Y/N], come on. You're better than this." Iris told me as I was thrown against the wall by Trainee 2000 (Cisco's training bot creation). "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine." I told her.

Barry raised an eyebrow at me as Caitlin took a sip of water. "Are you sure about that?" the speedster asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine totally fine." I brushed their worried looks off as just that, a look that didn't really mean anything.

"[Y/N], in the past three months we have had to upgrade the stats of the trainee robot nine times either because it was too easy or you passed pretty stinking quick." Cisco said nodding his head.

"Didn't you say the same thing twice?" asked Ralph in his sweats.

"Shut up, Ralph." retorted Cisco.

"Are you sure you're okay? You can stop for the day if you want." Caitlin told me.

"I'm fine, really." I assured them.

"No, you're not. You're coming with me." Iris grabbed me wrist and dragged me out of the training room.

"Where are we going? Are you kidnapping me?" I asked her.

"No, we're going to Jitters and we're going to drink coffe and you're going to tell me what is wrong." Iris led me to her car and in no time we were on the road to Jitters.

I ordered my usual and sat down as chair as Iris returned with both of our orders. She set it down in front of me and sat on my opposite side.

"So, what's going on? What's up there in your pretty little head of yours?"

"We're doing this to be able to go after my parents and live right? Well, I don't know if I have it in me to defeat them. They are my parents and as unstable as they are, I grew up with them through all the good and bad. But that's not entirely it. Working with all of you is great, but in the past five years, I have had very limiting time on my personal life. I haven't had sex in four years let alone a date! And I don't know... I haven't actually done anything that I've liked in forever because I have work as soon as I wake up and then Supers stuff until I go to sleep."

"Wait. You haven't had sex in four years?"

"Well, yeah. But I don't go to bars. I don't go to parties and even if I do get a date, which is few and far between, it doesn't end well... good because at the most opportune time I get called in."

"But you always act like you're not busy when we call. Wait. Do you want to get out of a date?"

"No! That's absurd! I just haven't exactly how to make my superhero life and my personal work with one another."

Iris just smiled at me.