Chapter 1

-nini's pov-

i watched as ricky closed the door behind him before following, slipping the card into my pocket.

i decided i'd tell him soon, but not tonight. not the day we got back together, and most certainly not the day of the play. no, i want to have a fun night.

"yo, nini!" ricky yelled from his car. "ej, gina, ashlyn and big red are riding with us! hop in the front!"

i watched as ricky got into the drivers door and painted a fake smile on my face before running over and getting in.

everyone was talking about what we were going to do at ashlynn's. ashlynn suggested we play just dance, big red suggested we play minecraft, and ej said we should order pizza and play games like truth or dare and spin the bottle.

"or," i said, buckling myself in. "we could have a high school musical marathon."

ricky raised his eyebrows. "i don't think big red and i would-"

"YES!!" gina squealed, making ej jump. "we have to!"

ashlynn nodded. "that sounds fun."

"i'd be down," ej said as he looked at big red. "how about you, bro?"

big red nodded. "as long as we're allowed to dance and scream our lungs off when bop to the top comes on."

ricky snorted and so did ej. the car went silent for a moment, and i looked at ricky and smiled.

"you don't know a single thing about high school musical, do you?" i asked him.

he looked at me. "nope! but if everyone else is happy, i'm happy."

i smiled and took one of his hands from the wheel and held it. i could feel the eyes that were on us from the back of the car.

"so," ej said, "what was everyone's part of the play?"

"i liked the cafeteria scene," gina said, and big red nodded in agreement.

"mine was 'we're all in this together'. that's my all time favorite high school musical scene," ashlynn said.

for a couple of minutes, i had almost forgotten about the card that was practically burning a hole in my pocket. i wanted to tell ricky, i did, but i didn't want to ruin his big night.