Chapter 2

once we arrived to ashlynn's house, i made myself at home by grabbing ricky and i 2 sodas and popcorn to share. we sat on the couch together, like old times.

for the first hour we watch high school musical, but everyone seemed to get bored as the time passed.

"okay," big red said, turning off the tv. "this is boring. let's play truth or dare."

beside me, ricky nodded in agreement, clearly not understanding the hype that high school musical was.

""ej, truth or dare?" ashlynn started.

"truth."

"favorite high school musical movie?"

"the second one," he answered, as if he had been waiting for that to be asked.

the game went on and on, with people being stared to slide down the stairs and chug their sodas.

"nini," gina began, "truth or dare?"

"truth," i said, shamefully.

she hesitated for a minute, before blurting out, "why did you cheat on ricky?"

the whole room went silent, and i looked over at ricky. at some point or another, he had told her about our past relationship.

finally, i said, "i didn't cheat on him. we were broken up."

"not officially." gina crossed her arms and smirked. i could feel how uncomfortable everyone was in the room. ricky stiffened.

"i don't see how any of this is your business."

"you picked truth, not me," she raised her eyebrows.

i didn't even say anything. instead, i looked at ricky, annoyed at him for staying quiet.

"gina, enough," ricky finally spoke up, crossing his arms.

gina rolled her eyes but crawled back into her corner of the couch.

"gina, truth or dare?" i questioned her. i wasn't about to let her get away with that.

"dare. i'm not a chicken, like some people in this room."

"i dare you to kiss my boyfriend." i paused for a minute before saying, "oh wait, you already did that."

carlos gasped. he was clearly intrigued by the drama. and honestly, i was too.

out of the corner of my eye, i noticed ricky was looking at me. he clearly had no idea i knew about the kiss.

"guys," ej said. "this is supposed to be a fun night, and you guys were getting along great. what happened?"

"maybe if she hadn't and kissed my boyfr-"

"YOU GUYS WERE BROKEN UP!!!! AND IT WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A KISS ON THE CHEEK!!!" gina exclaimed, before running down to ashlynn's basement and slamming the door, shaking the entire house.

the whole room was silent in shock.

ricky glared at me, getting up. "are you happy now?" he sarcastically asked, before getting up and making his way to the kitchen, leaving me ashamed of the things i had just said to gina.