" Countdown "

??? POV

*Drip*

*Drip*

*Drip*

Hearing the sound of water dripping, I could only think one word. Misery.

The reflection of my face in the mirror, my hand is shaking on top of the sink, and the sound of my breathing filled the entire room.

*Sigh*

In a matter of time, my life will be over...

*Click*

1...2...3-

*Bam!*

"sweetheart, are you done?" the voice of my mother had made me snap back to reality. ' I'm hallucinating again...' . My mother have died in a case file "Suicide" .

Let me tell you about my whole story until now..

...

I was born on 31st December 2125, I had a very wealthy and happy family. I still had my mother and father, my two loving brothers and my innocent and gullible self.

My parents work as one of the Elite, poisition 1 and 2, my brothers are the popular kid in my school...while I'm the observer, a.k.a " The weird one ".

My mother had told me once about my lifetime or you can say countdown... she said that all of the childrens here in this world has their own timelimit and when the time reached 0, the elite's would have no choice but to kill the child and made a new fresh one. Of course I had to ask my mother " why don't you quit then ?" .

And she replied " only "they" can fire me "

My father also answer the same thing.

Me and my brothers were a " perfect package " . While my brothers attract the people, I was observing the people to see how much time left each person had. If their timelimit reached 5 minutes left before their death time, I need to sent a letter to the person like a confession letter. After that, it is not my job to continue...

But one day, my brothers had their turn...and as unfortunate fate says...my father was the one in charge to handle my brother and you probably have guessed it...

after my father took care of my brothers...he shot himself .

The news had spread around the city...and my mother had suicide.

You could say that this world is a system based on the one who made this ridiculous rules.

The me that had lost my family was devastated...until now I'm still grieving for my family death. I want to avenge my family deaths, that's why I hate the Elite.

But after all of my family died, a letter was sent to my mailbox...The Elite has choosen me to become the new Elite. I was told to replace my father position...

Now I'm working under the grand Elite control...it sucks to be here but, what can I do?

The sound of door opening wasn't my mother but it was my co-worker. I choose him to become my partner...he was interesting for me.

His name is Rox...he is one year older than me but he was too polite...

"Miss Willow ?...please put the gun down!!" his eyes staring at my hopeless fatigue is so mesmerizing...

"Please...put the gun down." aahh...his tears are falling down. I don't like that.

" Alright, I'll put the gun down. But please don't cry."