Chickpeas Buddha Bowel

This salad bowel is full of fiber and plant based protein. This vegan recipe is simple, and easy to make.

 This vegan recipe is simple, and easy to make

SERVES: 2 people

PREP TIME:  30 minutes

COOKING TIME: 2 hours

INGREDIENTS

▪︎ 1 Whole corn

▪︎ 1 Green Zucchini

▪︎ 1 Yellow Zucchini

▪︎ 1/2 cup of Salted Pumpkin Seed

▪︎ 1 Fennel

▪︎ 1 cup Kale

▪︎ 1 cup Arugula

▪︎ 1 cup Dried Chickpeas

▪︎ 1 Sweet potato

▪︎ 1 Carrot

▪︎ 2 tablespoon Greek seasoning

▪︎ 2 tablespoon Olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS

Soak 1 cup of chickpeas overnight. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. You can also use canned chickpeas.

Add 3 cups of water to the chickpeas and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Keep adding water to ensure that the peas have adequate water to cook it. If you have a pressure cooker, you can use it to speed up the cooking process.

Drain the cooked chickpeas and place on a sheet pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and Greek seasoning to the chickpeas, ensure they are all coated. Preheat oven at 250 degree to 350 degree Bake for 10 minutes.

Cut corn in 4 equal pieces and cook for 30 minutes. Cut the arugula and the kale to fill 1 cup each.

Wash, peel and rinse the sweet potato and cook for 10 minutes. I use the spiralizer to get the sweet potato to be finely chopped, and makes it easier to cook. Drain with a fine strainer. Optional: mix with vegan butter.

Mixed 1 bunch Kale and Agrula chopped, rinsed, and dried (about 1 cups. Place the Kale and  Arugula in a large bowl and toss to combine.

Build the SaladPlace the Kale and  Arugula in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add the sweet potatoes, corn, green and yellow Zucchini, fennel, and pumpkin seed to the bowl,
and place in sections based on colour.

Footnotes: I used the Starlit spiralizer to get the shape for the zucchinis, carrot and fennel.

Feel free to add your own salad dressing to the recipe.
______________________________

Hi lovelies, I hope you enjoy this recipe...

Don't forget  to leave a comment down below and picture of your buddha bowel.✍

Recipe by Jods

All pictures are my intellectual property, they were all taken by me. Please do not steal them. Thank you.

♥️ Jods