Chapter 9

Alexis Nunez
The morning after the homecoming game, the football players were called in for a drug test. Spencer had called me for a ride from Crenshaw.

"Give me 30." I told him before hanging up pulling on my warmups. I slid on my shoes walking home. At home I changed into jeans and a T-shirt sliding sandals on grabbing my car keys. It only took me fifteen minutes to get to his house and fifteen to get back to the school. "I'll wait or you want Jordan to give you a ride." "Nah it's cool I'll ask J. Thanks Lex."

        At practice the next day, we created a new routine which made us practice a lot longer than we usually do. We kept hearing Coach Baker upset at missed plays. So we called practice. I sat up on the bleachers watching the boys play. Jordan was off his game and I knew it was because of the drug test. He smoked weed and was scared to get cut. Spencer had shown up late to practice but by what has happened over the weekend it was explainable.

"Hey Alexis." Jordan had called. JJ ran up throwing me over his shoulder. "JJ put me down!" "You're use to being in the air." "Please I beg of you." "JJ put her down." Jordan laughed and JJ complied. "So now that we know you're hooking up with Jordan when you dating?" "What?" "That kiss at the game? Come on, sparks!" "Shut up." I walked away belonging to the car.

Jordan eventually came and sat in the passenger seat. "So Olivia told me you told her and she gave me the okay. So does that mean?" "Yes but slow. I'm not rushing into anything. We are talking." "Okay." He kissed my cheek before getting out going to his car. I went home to see my parents car  next to the Range Rover.

          "Hello?" I said walking in the house. "Mana!" The twins yelled hugging me Andreas and Adrian. My mom names us with the same letter. "Aww my babies!" The two boys are ten, fifth graders. "I missed you! Where is mama and papa?" "The kitchen talking to a nanny." "Why?" "Abuela died Lex. We're moving back and need a nanny so you don't feel stressed." I kissed both their heads, "I've always been your nanny. I'll be back okay." I went upstairs changing out of my cheer clothes into jeans and a Beverly high tee.

        Back downstairs, my parents were escorting the woman out. "And this is our daughter Alexis. She's sixteen goes to Beverly, captain of the cheer team." I smiled shaking her hand. "Who's this mami?" "The boys possible nanny." I nodded as the woman walked out. "They boys did tell you." "Yeah, abuela is no longer with us and they are staying." "Yes mija." We ate dinner together before our parents left.

         "It's only six Lex can we go do something?" "Frozen yogurt?" "Yeah!" They yelled. "Can you ask Jordan to come too? We missed him and playing football." "I'll ask okay?" The two beamed. The last time they were six when they left and I only saw them once a year till now.

Alexis
Want to get froyo with my brothers ?
Jordan
They're home?
Alexis
Mmhm so you wanna come ?
Jordan
Yeah pick me up
Read 6:00 pm

     "Come on lets go." I told them grabbing my keys. We stopped at the Baker house waiting for Jordan. "Hey." He said kissing my cheek. "My boys what's up." "Jordan!" They yelled. The three talked while I drove us to the shop. "They missed you." "You're parents already left?" "Yup and a many will be there tomorrow." He shook his head holding my hand. The four of us went into the shop the boys made their cups. "Jordan Baker! Star athlete." The worker said. Jordan being the nice person he is had a conversation while I made myself and his bowl. I paid and we sat outside watching the sunset.

"So are you dating yet?" "Dre you cant just say that." "What it's valid." "Okay both of you. No we're not." "But hey I'm trying." I rolled my eyes and the twins high five Jordan. When we were done we went home and Jordan played catch with them. Eventually he went home and I got my brothers ready for bed and their first day with the nanny.