Chapter 7

Omkara watched as Gauri stood in front of her citizens. Her eyes were red and swollen but she had a hard look on her face. She stood strong and confident in front of them. They had received the news last night.

The King and Queen of Erdale had died during an attack on Elemeth. No one except the prince Advay, Princess Anika and Princess Bhavya in the royal family of Elemeth survived the attack. His parents were also gone. Shakti and Pinky were gone. But he didn't mourn because they both died trying to protect the King and Queen.

Plus he was a warrior and warriors weren't allowed to show any display of weakness. The Princesses and the now King of Elemeth were present in the coronation ceremony of Princess Gauri. She had cried in his arms while he just held her. And now she was about to take wear the crown.

"I nowby, present to you, her highness, the Queen of Erdale." The priest announced as he moved to the side after placing a crown on Gauri's head.

The crowd cheered for Gauri. They were still sorrowful about the former King and Queen dying but they had to cheer for their new Queen. Omkara clapped but then he noticed something out of the corner of his eyes. Minister Veer had frown on his face.

Omkara took that in mind. He turned his full attention to now the Queen of Erdale, who was taking vows. He watched with great attention as he saw her. He had just realized a few days ago that he was head over heels in love with her.

But he couldn't tell her because he was just a mere warrior and her personal guard while she was a princess. So he held his feelings inside. He then decided to tear his eyes off her and scan the perimeter.

That's when he saw, The King Arnik and Queen Anusuhiya of Atheros, their son and fiance of princess Anika, King Shivaay of Ailan, and their youngest son and the fiance of Princess Bhavya, King Rudra of Arend. They had just arrived at the ceremony due to the long distance between Erdale and Atheros.

King Arnik of Atheros

Queen Anusuhiya of Atheros

King Shivaay of Ailan

King Rudra of Arend

Princess Anika and King Shivaay's wedding had been postponed due to the fact that her parents had died in the attack

Princess Anika and King Shivaay's wedding had been postponed due to the fact that her parents had died in the attack. He saw the King and Queen meet Queen Gauri while King Shivaay and King Rudra took their fiancee's in embrace to console them.

He was so busy in looking for threats that he didn't hear Queen Gauri call him. It was then when she raised her voice did he turn his attention to her. He saw her asking him to run up to him. And so he did, he marched towards her.

When he arrived beside Gauri did he notice the look on face of the royal couple. They were looking at him with admiration and love. There were tears in their eyes. He also felt a connection towards them. He watched the Queen Of Atheros walk towards him.

To his surprise the Queen cupped his cheeks and also brushed away a strand of hair from his forehead. She looked at him like a mother would look at her child.

"Omkara, my Om." The Queen whispered softly while tears adorned her eyes.

*
I am so so sorry, please forgive me for not updating but I lost my inspiration but now I am back.

And also guess I am now a married man with a beautiful wife.

Vote and Comment.