Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Shooting far off into Lastation

Two days ago, I saw my sisters transform into the forms of goddesses and defeat a frightening threat with their magic. I also saw my elder sister smash the strongest monster onto a building with an oversized hammer. It made me think. I knew I had to find my own fighting style and become strong, just like those three. But, how does one find their own fighting style? And if I want to be useful to everyone... Wouldn't it be better if I was good with ANY fighting style?
With that simple mindset, I went on my own to look for shops that sell books containing information on magic, weaponry, and even martial arts. Yes, I am a goddess, so why shouldn't I be able to beat monsters with my bare hands?

Either way, I bought everything I could with my allowance, of course, whilst saving enough to get the cheapest weapons possible, wooden weaponry being the only ones out of the question.
Afterwards, I carried a big sack of weapons and books. I certainly got some surprised looks by passerby randos. Most of them were more interested in the fact that I could even carry a sack bigger than me to begin with. It sure was heavy, but I managed. It would appear I have at least got a decent amount of strength in my muscles. Then again, I am just dragging it along.

A few kilometers from the palace was a forest that bordered a dungeon that included monsters. The forest was filled with white trees, and even if it wasn't snowing, a minuscule amount of snow fell from the trees all the time, so it always appeared as if a snow storm was happening.
I arrived here and dropped my huge sack of stuff. I sat on top of a tree trunk of a chopped off tree to catch my breath and look at the items I carried.
After taking a deep breath, I smiled at what I spent all of my money on that I probably should've saved for food. But, what can you do? I was excited in learning all kinds of things.

I saw the weapons poking out of the opening of the bag and I felt the urge to try them out despite knowing I should probably read on how to use them first. My curiosity got the better of me and I grabbed a pretty thick and long broadsword. I noticed how heavy it felt carrying it as I placed myself few dozen steps away from my sitting spot. I could barely hold the blade in my hands, whilst giving off a miserable facial expression, I thought, "Why, though? The bag didn't feel that heavy!", I didn't realize that was because I was dragging it along...
It took all of my strength just to do a simple side swing, I almost tripped, but I managed to stop myself by holding the tip of the blade against the ground to support my body.

I wanted to try one more thing. I held the blade with my highest level of might above me before attempting to swing it towards the ground. As I swung the blade, it dragged me forward, causing me to fall flat on my face with the blade still in my hands as my arms were stretched out over the surface almost like a cat. Good thing no one saw that, that was embarrassing.

I stood up and looked disappointed at the sword, as if it were one of my trusted friends but revealed to me that it was part of a huge scandal.
Without saying a word, I left that sword down there, it can think about what it had done to me. Okay then, what would I do next? Well, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to try out the axe. Considering I had problems lifting a blade, an axe that was bigger than myself is totally a feasible weapon of use for me, right? So, I dragged the axe close to where the sword was.
And then I tried to do an overhead swing. The thing was too heavy for me and I ended up letting go as I was pulling my body forward. Not only did I trip, I found a way to vertically roll over the snow-covered ground and hit my head against a tree.

After releasing a slight grunt, I pushed myself up as the snow fell from my body, and then I looked with a pouty face over to the axe. I even whined at it a little.
"I wanted to be like Big sis and swing that axe like mad. Guess it's not my time yet.", I was thinking as I was getting back up on my feet with a grumpy face and attitude,
But, hey, this was just the beginning. Maybe something lighter like a spear with a small blade shall do me good. As I thrusted a spear forward, the blade was taking my arm with it thanks to its slight weight, so I let the weapon fall out of my hand. The point got stuck into a tree root.
"I'll grab and train with it later.", and thus, I set the spear as the lowest priority for I didn't want to spend time and energy trying to get it out of the tree.