distraction

art has always been my favourite subject in school. something about it just seems therapeutic to me. i stay after school pretty much every day, finishing my portfolio in an empty classroom.

it's quiet as i'm finishing off the highlights in my piece, and i'm pretty much in my own little world.

"hey." a loud voice says, shocking me and making me jump in my seat. i turn around to see awsten laughing at me.

"that's not funny! you scared the shit out of me, aws!" i say, clutching a hand to my chest. awsten comes and sits at the table in front of me.

"sorry, babe. i just wanted to come see you. you're always so lonely up here." he says, leaning his elbow on my table.

"that's cute and all, but i really have to finish this. if you just wanted to see me, how about i come to your place when i'm done?" i say, awsten frowns.

"how 'bout i wait here until you're done and then drive you to mine."

"awsten."

"we can get food?"

"fine." i say, rolling my eyes, and going back to my work. "but you better not distract me."

"is that a challenge?" awsten says, raising his eyebrows.

"aws!" i whine, making him laugh.

"okay, fine. fine." awsten holds his hands up in defeat, and just watches me as i work for a few minutes.

i'm just moving onto my next piece when he grabs my face and kisses me. i almost pull away, but can't quite find the willpower to.

note to self: stay a mile away from awsten while trying to concentrate.

as soon as awsten pulls away, i start packing up my things. there's no way i can concentrate when he's like this.

"what are you doing?" awsten asks, smirking.

"we're going back to yours." i say. awsten laughs. "but you better not tease me anymore, knight, i swear to god."

"i won't, i won't." awsten says, holding his arms up. "but are you saying there'll be an opportunity for me to tease you tonight?"

"shut up, dork."