Chapter 5

Before I could say anything, before my mind could even formulate a response she spoke up, "Sirius Flynn is my Dad, I mean my step dad."
God, that one hurt more than the use of my first name. And I could see that calling Flynn Dad wasn't a slip of tounge, she did it deliberately to hurt me.

"A year after you left Mom and I met Dad at a bookstore. Well actually I bumped into him," she continued with a smile on her face. "He helped me get a book down from a shelf and then he and Mom started talking. He apologized to Mom for being an ass when they were in school and even bought me my book. There was no turning back after that. We just celebrated Mom and Dad's 13th anniversary last month."

It can't be! It just can't be! My daughter does not call Sirius Flynn her dad! She actually took his name! Oh God, this feels like my worst nightmare. And Rosalyn! She knew how much I hated Flynn, she was on of his targets of bullying back in school. Then why would she ever marry him? Why would she even allow our daughter to go near him?!

Despite my head warning me not to I still asked a question, "Rosalyn knew how much I hated Flynn, so did she marry him to spite me?"
I knew it was the wrong thing to ask cause Lyra's whole face went blank. She looked at me with anger in her eyes as she said, "Well if Mom had married him to spite you, wouldn't you have known in the last 13 or so years? Oh, how would you? You never even stayed in touch, did you Wilson?"

Calling me Robert hurt me, calling Flynn dad was even more heart breaking but hearing my own little girl call me by my last name, with such venom in her voice, tore me apart!

"People change Wilson, and aren't you the biggest proof of that? I mean, you were my mom's best friend, the one person she trusted the most and yet you are the one who hurt her! You cheated on her and then left her alone with a 4 year old!"

My eyes widened! My daughter knew why her mother and I had divorced, she knew that I was the one to blame!

Lyra continued, "Before you go blaming my parents and say that they told me all lies about you, let me make it clear that they have never said one wrong thing about you to me. Yes, neither your school enemy not your ex wife never belittled you to me! It was Aunt Kathy who told me about you, your own sister did!"

Kathy.......my sweet little sister Katherine! I couldn't believe it. It seemed like everyone hated me now. You deserve it, a treacherous voice in my head kept on saying but it didn't help me to squash away my pain.