Chapter 3 Edge of the Shadows

Neji and Tenten were form a rescue team while Lee, Matsuri, Kegon and Yoro were taking care of Moichi.

Meanwhile, Lee, Matsuri, Kegon and Yoro were attacking Moichi.

'LEAF BARRICADE!'

Lee yelled.

'DEADLY SHELL METEORITE!'

Matsuri yelled.

'SHURIKEN SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!'

Yoro yelled.

'WATER STYLE: WATER SHURIKEN!'

Kegon yelled.

The attacks were about to hit Moichi.

'Dama Barrier: Celestial Pillars!'

Moichi yelled as he created a barrier.

Matsuri deadpanned.

"He created the barrier?!" Matsuri said.

"He did it." Yoro said. "How the hell are we supposed to take him down when he used the barrier as his defensive tactic?"

"Hold on. Something's coming." Lee said.

The black small rods coming out of the ground and attempt to hit the group but Matsuri blocked it with her weapon while Kegon and Yoro managed to get away unharm.

"Oh great." Kegon said. "This is hopeless."

"Don't be so sure." Rock Lee said. "Distracting him would make Neji's job easier."

Meanwhile, Neji and Tenten were arrived in the cocoon.

"We're here Neji." Tenten said.

"Tenten. Can you summoned  a weapon?"  Neji asked.

"On it." Tenten said as she laid one scroll and open it and managed to summoned a small sword.

"Here." Tenten said as she gave the small sword to Neji.

"This will work." Neji said as she sliced half the front side of the cocoon and he entered it.

"Looks like I came here just the right time." Neji said.

"I told the others about not to tell everyone." Gaara said.

"See. Someone came to rescue us after all." Fu said.

"Everyone is worried about you Gaara even Naruto and his new team partner." Neji said.

"Will you help us?" Fu said.

"I'll try." Neji said as he activated his Byakugan.

"Hmm. Their chakra is as powerful as Naruto's chakra. Unless I could cut off this chain with this sword. It could stop the chakra flowing." Neji said.

Neji tries to cut off the chains in order to save Gaara and Fu from the attempted extraction of the tailed beasts. Few minutes later, Neji succeeded cutting the chains.

"At last we're free." Fu said. "Thank you very much mister."

Neji deadpanned.

"I'm getting embarassed." Neji said.

Then, the chains got out of control as it went outside of the cocoon.

"What is this?! I'd be doomed if I don't do something. The chain needs some tailed beast chakra!" Moichi said. "Now it's gone out of control!"