The Dead Giveaway

Mrs. Elie does not believe in ghosts nor does she believe in anything she can't see for herself. If you told her there was a talking animal outside, she would say, "Prove it!"

And if you could not show proof, she'll smile with her arms folded and say "Thought so."

Well, Mrs. Elie is in for a big surprise because she just bought herself a new home in a little town called, "TreePort" and TreePort is not like any other town. In fact, it is beyond anything anyone outside this town could imagine but the truth will always be in front of their eyes.

                                                                        ❄︎

"What a cute little name!" thought Elie. Warmth fills her heart as she imagines the look on her friends and family's faces when she tells them the name of her new home. "Oh they'll be tickled." She giggled. She was very excited to be moving into her new home, she could use a change of scenery. She was tired of living in such a noisy city and after living in the same place for sixty-two years; it was time for something different.

She didn't want to move too far, so she had taken out a map and played it across her coffee table. She then closed her eyes and placed her finger randomly on the paper. When she opened her eyes and lifted her finger to "TreePort". She smiled and felt glad it would only be a two hour drive from her current home. She carefully chose a beautiful little house by a lake surrounded by a forest. Most of the town was surrounded by trees and wildlife but to actually live by a forest made her feel excited for this new adventure. Since then, she has been counting down the days till the final move and that day finally came!

 "Today is the day!" She cheered as she woke up from the morning light. She stepped into her fuzzy slippers and began her day.

Everything was loaded into the truck she rented with the help of the neighbor's kid, Cayden

Everything was loaded into the truck she rented with the help of the neighbor's kid, Cayden. "Thank you so much for your help!" Elie said as she pulled out money from her pocket. "Here is the fifty dollars I promised, you've earned it!" And with a wink, she hands it to him. Cayden's eyes grows wide as he throws his baseball cap into the air.

"Thanks Mrs. E!"

"My pleasure! But it is I who should be grateful. I couldn't have done this without your help!"

"You're really leaving?"

"Well doesn't this truck prove it?" Ellie asks with a laugh. "Yes, I am leaving."

Cayden let out a big sigh and rubbed his stomach. "I sure am gonna miss your ginger snaps, Mrs. E. No one makes them like you do."

"Well don't you worry, I told you mother I would send some for Christmas."

"Really? You'd do that?" His eyes lit up even more.

"Of course!"

"Mrs. E, you're the best!" Cayden shouts as he jumps in the air. He pauses for a moment and signals for her to come close to him. With a whisper he says, "Don't let the trees steal your cookies, they get very hungry during the winter from what I hear."