Chapter 1: Co star relationships

This is not like my other stories it really shows of my Disney side. I wrote this over the fall months. I am dedicating the story to my friend Shayla who is a die hard Raura fan. Sorry shay shay this is a Raia story get over it. I also want to thanks to steph_stromwick who without my story would be stuck at chapter 9 with writers block and now I'm at chapter 23. Not close to being done. Also check out my Zeddlena story coming soon!

Maia's POV
It was our last day staying in Puerto Rico. Time to leave, we had just finished filming Teen Beach Movie for Disney Chanel. The entire casts crew had all grown close together me, Grace (Phipps) , Garret (Clayton), John (DeLuca) and Ross. I guess spending 6 months on an island together does that to you. I particularly fancied Ross, he was cute and charming, funny, and extremely nice, we had gotten very close and I would miss him the most.

We all walked to the security check zone in the airport. I went first with Ross and John right behind me. I let Ross cut me because all he had a backpack, his wallet, his phone, and spare coins, whereas I had tons of jewelry, my wallet, my purse, my backpack, a blanket, my belt and a bunch of other random metal items that shouldn't even be there. I walked through the scanner and as I did I triped over my shoe. Thankfully Ross caught me and then I stated at him his warm chocolate brown eyes eating away at my soul. he wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me up. "thank you" I said grabbing my stuff.
"It's all good as long as your ok"
"Yeah I'm fine."
"I just saved you, I'm your hero so I think I deserve some chocolate or something." he said jokingly.
"Oh my hero, you saved me from falling on the floor and not dying either way I will give you 20 gold bars in thanks." I said sarcastically.
"Why thank you ? Can I get that in cash instead."
"No" I. Said punching his shoulder"its non refundable, transferable, or tradable."
"Aw that's too bad I could've paid for a trip to Puerto Rico , oh wait we've been in Puerto Rico for half of the year."
"Let's go I said as we began to head to the gate entrance. we walked over to sit down when a huge swarm of young girls about 11 came up to him. "Your Austin moon from Austin and ally." one of the girls stated. "yeah and you guys are very adorable." he was really good with kids.
"Thanks can we take a photo with you and. Your girlfriend she said pointing to me."
"Oh no I'm not his...." I started to say
"Ok come here." he said and we all posed as one of the girls' mother took the picture on her phone. "Thank you" one of the girls ssid. "no problem" he said
"One question why are you dating her and not Ally" one of the girls questioned
"Because I like her" he answered completely calm. I stared at him questioningly. He completely shocked me. the girls walked back with their mom. I sat up and looked at Ross. "why did you lie to those girls??"
"Because they were young and who were they gonna tell" he said. "Just a little fun. harmless fun"
"Ok whatever but you like me huh" I said teasing him
"No that was purely for show." He said completely blank faced and serious. When he said that my heart sank.

Ross' POV
It wasn't I really did like her but I'm not her type and she sees me as her protective older brother. We have been friends for a few years and I can't risk that I really like Maia but I can't have her. I looked at her she was beautiful and her accent made my heart snap. I pulled her closer and she put her head on my shoulder. "I'm gonna go get some coffee" she said walking over to the coffee kiosk.
I sat there and got out my boarding pass. I looked up to see the coffee barista flirting with her. He put his fingers through her hair. I couldn't watch it I walked over slipped my arm around her waist to pull her closer and said "everything cool here". I don't know why I did it I was just really jealous. I shouldn't have done it, but I really liked it. The barista instantly stopped and had a guilty look on his face "yeah everything is cool" she said a little surprised by what I did. The barista handed us our coffee and I lead her to sit down. "what was all of that about" she said smirking very lightly.
"Nothing I just came and helped you out"
"No I meant putting your arm around my waist"
"Oh that sorry force of habit with my sister when we're on tour"
"Oh sure" she said menichaly grinning as she took a sip of coffee she was so angelic it almost hurt. When it was time to board the plane John walked over to me. "hey" I said
"Hey um I was just wondering about you and Maia."
"What about us??"
"Do you 2 have like a thing going on."
"Oh no we are just really good friends"
"Oh good so it's cool if I made my move" when he said this my entire demeanor took a huge fall right into an empty dark abyss. I hesitated and then my conscience told me it was the right thing to do. we couldn't be together anyways so it didn't make sense for me to say no. He could be there for her and she was more into the bad boy type like him anyways, so I knew that he would love her unconditionally. I pursed my lips and told him "sure she's all yours man."
"Thanks man he said and ran to go stand next to her in line for the plane. this was it my window had opened with her and now it's closed.

Maia's POV
I was walking onto the plane when John walked up next to me. mind if I sit next to you on the plane, we could be airplane buddies" he said
"Yeah sure"
"Ok great cause if you said no that would've been very embarrassing and ruined my self esteem" he said as I started cracking up. he was a tough bad boy that was no nonsense and got right to the point, so the idea of him having low self esteem was hilarious. We walked onto the plane and he was just cracking joke after joke it was fun.

Ross' POV
I could hear her contagious laughter as they went through the door. It hurt my heart that someone else was going to be her boyfriend instead of me. "Hey there stranger" a familiar voice said. I turned around to see Grace standing right behind me. Now Grace I liked a lot, not as much as Maia, but a lot and we had been spending a lot of time together lately. She was sweet, beautiful, and funny. I needed to move on from Maia it wasn't gonna happen and I need to accept that and go for the girl in front of me who it has been leading me on for the last 4 months. "Well it seems as though I haven't seen you in like hours." I said sarcastically and put my arm on her shoulder. "you know they should have a special policy for future stars of the world of 7-13 year olds." She laughed and answered sarcastically "I know right all of these 10 year olds are gonna drive me crazy"
"You know you have an adorable laugh" I said pushing her hair out of her face.
"Thanks and you have an infectious smile."
"Oh you like my smile huh!!"
"Yeah I do and you like my laugh huh??"
"Of course that laugh of yours it fits you perfectly, a beautiful laugh for a beautiful girl." she blushed "you think I'm beautiful?"
"Yeah extremely, girl your hot." I said in an annoying John Travolta voice. she laughed and pushed me forward to give the lady my boarding pass. I grabbed her hand as we walked through the gate. Since I can't have Maia now then Grace is amazing too, she has someone and so do I. Grace makes me feel amazing as well. This is the compromise that I have to make. I get a girl I like instead of the girl that I love.