Prologue

Sup minna~

So I always see royal AUs where Lucy is royal and no one else is and now I completely changed the script.

And some of you might already now this from my FanFiction account. If you do then I'm going to be updating on this first then the other account.

Anyways, have fun!

-MustacheNarwhalz
________________________________________________________

Prologue

The children giggled as they ran around the small farmhouse. The wind whipped through their small wisps of hair and made the grains of wheat sway. From the porch of the farmhouse, five adults smiled and watched the children play.

"N-Natsu..." one of the children called out. Her blonde hair was braided to the side of her head and tied off with a purple ribbon, something her mother loved to do for her. "Wait for u-us."

The boy in front of her paused and spun around on his heels. His pink hair shot up from his head and his white scaled scarf flew in the wind. "No way, Luce. You guys just need to catch up."

"Natsu, s-stop sprinting in front of us." Another white haired girl said from behind Lucy. A smaller girl, Lisanna, trudged up next to the blonde and held onto her shoulder for support. "Not all of us are as...f-fast as you."

"I am twice as fast as Flame Brain. I can beat him in a race any day of the week." A dark haired boy boasted as he approached the trio. A tall redhead trailed behind him holding a wooden toy sword.

"Nuh-uh! That is so not true. I couldn't possibly lose to a stripper like you, Gray!" Natsu declared as he raised a fist towards the dark haired boy.

Gray furrowed his brows as he unconsciously began to take off his shirt. "What did you just call me, Pyro?"

"Gray, your clothes!" A bluenette girl yelled as she and another boy came towards the group hurriedly. Gray gasped in shock as he was caught midway through removing his pants.

"Oh crap!"

The two new children reached the group. The short girl fell onto the ground next to Lisanna and Lucy while the black haired boy walked over to the two boys. "Would you stop trying to scar the girls?"

"I am not trying to, you metal-head freak." Gray hissed as he began to push his arms through the sleeves of his shirt.

"Are you boys fighting?"

All of the boys turned towards the redhead as she raised her sword threateningly. They cowered in fear and looped their arms together in fear. "Of c-course not, E-Erza," They all laughed nervously in fear.

Erza smirked in satisfaction and brought her sword down to her side. Lisanna shook her head as she stifled a laugh, "Erza, you should stop threatening them. One of these days they are going to wet themselves from fear."

"Are you kidding me, Lis?" Lucy patted the girl on the shoulder as she let out a hearty laugh. "That would be hilarious! I really want to see that." She bursted into a fit of giggles and fell into the wheat behind her.

Natsu walked up to her and began pulling at her cheeks. "Ow....Nathu, dat hurths" The blonde mumbled as he pulled hard on her cheeks.

"Take that back! I would not wet myself ever. And it certainly would not be funny if I did." He protested at the girl. She took her hands and began pinching both of his cheeks in return.

"Nehwer!" Lucy yelled back at him. They continued to assault one another's cheeks for quite a few minutes while the others tried to ignore them.

"Hey Erza, where's Jellal today?" Levy asked her.

The girl nodded and answered, "His father held him back today so he could begin his training." Everyone's eyes widened at her statement.

"He's already starting training? Isn't it a little e-early?" Lisanna asked aloud. Jellal was only two years older than her afterall.

"Well, it is a little early for some people. But Jellal has a duty to live up to. You and Natsu should know that better than anyone." Erza smiled sympathetically at the young girl.

"Y-yeah, I suppose so." She whispered and looked down at her intertwined hands that laid in her lap. A deafening silence fell onto the group

"Whatcha' guys talking about?" Lucy called out from behind the group. She had finally escaped Natsu's hold on her and was approaching the others with a large smile.

The children's face fell in nervousness at the question. "N-nothing. Nothing at all, Lucy."

After all, Lucy was different than all of the others. She was raised on a farm and was destined to be a farmer with her two parents. She had a different path to follow than all of her friends. But she didn't know that.

"Hey, I know, why don't we continue playing tag?" Lisanna quickly suggested, trying to avoid the subject. It wasn't the first time that they almost spilled the beans about their true identities. The others followed her lead and started to nod frantically.

"Sure, that sounds great!" Lucy smiled, oblivious to her closest friends' true intentions.

Back at the farmhouse the adults began to converse with one another. "Don't they look nice, playing over there." A woman said to the group. Her pink hair was pulled back and rested softly on her back.

"Yes, they do. I wish they could stay like this forever." A blonde woman said beside her. They gripped one another's hands as they watched the children sprint around the field.

A man with salmon hair smiled and grabbed the blonde's shoulder. He spoke softly, "We all do, Layla. We all do." The man glanced at his son, who was currently being toppled over by Lucy. "But sadly, the kingdom is in great debt. I don't know how we are going to get out this one."

"It's alright, King Igneel. We understand." Jude Heartfilia, Layla's husband, said from behind the others. He was leaning with his back against the wooden frame of the house.

Igneel let out a small chuckle and patted Jude on his back roughly. he beamed, "How many times must I tell you, Jude? Drop the formalities, we are friends afterall. Just call me Igneel."

"Yes, but your children have duties they need to uphold. We don't blame you for the events that will follow." Jude looked towards the children once more and felt a wave of sorrow come over him.

"Igneel," The pink haired woman rustled the King's shoulder. She continued, "The carriage should be coming soon to pick us up." This brought a frown to everyone's face.

"A-alright then, Grandeeney. Layla, Jude, we must bid you farewell. I do hope that we will meet again soon." Igneel announced as he stuck out his hand to shake.

Jude smiled sadly and shook his head. "What's with all these formalities, Igneel? Come here."

He pushed his hand away and instead wrapped the man in a tight hug. Igneel was shocked but soon returned the hug. The women followed suit as they tried to stifle the sobs that were arising in themselves. "I'll miss you, Layla. Please stay safe and healthy."

"Don't worry, Grandeeney, we will. Don't over stress yourselves with the kingdom." She laughed sadly as tears began to pool at the edge of her eyes. She was going to miss her dear friend.

They exchanged their goodbyes and headed towards the children. Layla and Jude called their daughter back into the house after she happily said goodbye to her friends. Sadly, her parents doubted that she would ever see her beloved friends ever again. She was a farm girl and they were anything but.

They didn't know how wrong they were.

______________________________________________________________

END OF PROLOGUE.

And for those of you who are confused, this will focus on Bixanna and Nalu. But it will mostly follow Lucy's own personal adventure, instead of a romance. (Sorry)

ANYWAY THANKS FOR READING.

-MustacheNarwhalz