4

new years eve, 2019
seventeen years old

"let's go out tonight," billie suggests, shoving her hand through her green roots. "let's get plastered and find some girls to hook up with."

"and what if i dont wanna?" i ask her with a raised eyebrow, my chin resting in the palm of my hand as i scroll through instagram. "and you better not be hooking up with anyone but me."

"come on," she says, pulling my phone out of my hand. "itll be fun, mar."

"you don't even drink, billie," i tell her, snatching my phone out of her hands. "why do you wanna go out so bad?"

"because i wanna have some fun with my bitch," she nudges my arm, her lip being pulled between her teeth. "and who knows, maybe we'll get lucky."

"only if you promise to not leave me alone," I sigh, looking into her blue eyes. "i swear to god, o'connell, if you fucking leave me, i will actually beat your ass."

"I promise, i won't leave you." she tells me, linking her pinky with mine. "i love you too much to let anything happen to you."

"you better love me," i grumble, setting billies phone up on her dresser. "let's go live before we go."

"whatever," she says, grabbing the phone and pressing the live button. immediately, the views begin to roll in. "what's up, guys?"

"billies forcing me to go out tonight," i tell the thousands of viewers. "someone please make sure that im always with someone."

"shut up," she mutters, leaning her head on my shoulder as she looks at the screen, the comments moving faster than my brain could comprehend. "are yall dating? nah, I dont date, but she is my girlfriend." she winks at the phone.

"take me to dinner first," I say to her, pressing my lips to her forehead as i read a comment. "marley, how did you meet billie? havent you heard this story enough? i moved in next door after moving here from mexico."

"as if i dont talk about you enough," billie laughs, looking at me before looking back at the screen. "kiss. okay."

she lifts her head from my shoulder and cups my cheeks in her hands, bringing her face closer to mine. she brushes her lips against mine, causing my eyelids to flutter closed. she presses her lips to mine in a slow yet deep kiss, her fingers tangling themselves into my dark hair.

before it could go too far on the livestream, however, i pull away from her kiss and look at the millions of comments coming in at record speed.

"are you guys really surprised though?" i ask the viewers as hundreds of, "billie is gay???' comments come in. "shes been gay - shes been mine for, what, three years now?"

"since ocean eyes came out," billie agrees with a nod, pressing her lips to my cheek. "it's been so fun - such a great life with you."

"te amo más que a nada en el mundo, billie." (translation: i love you more than anything in the world, billie) i murmur into her ear, my fingers intertwining with hers.

"you guys are so cute. bro, i know," billie says to the viewers, a soft laugh leaving her lips. "i wouldnt kiss her if i didnt think she was cute, damn."

"gee, thanks," i laugh, placing my hand on her bare thigh. "love you too, bil."

"you know i love you," she says lowly, pressing her lips to my clothed shoulder. "hear that, guys? i love her."

"marley, qué entiende billie cuando hablas español? no, she does not," i say with a grin. "ella actúa como lo hace, but i dont think she actually does."

"what?" billie asks me with a raised eyebrow.

"they asked if you understood when i speak spanish." i tell her, my hand rubbing slow circles on the inside of her thigh. "i said that you act like you do, but i dont think you actually do."

"hey!" she gasps, slapping my arm playfully. "i understand some!"

"oh, yeah?" i challenge, leaning closer to her ear. "te voy a follar muy duro.  te temblarán las piernas y gritarás mi nombre.  moveré mi lengua dentro de ti tan lentamente, tus piernas temblarán y rogarás por más." i murmur, my hand pushing her shorts to the side slowly.

out of the corner of my eye, i can see the comments coming in quickly.

"i didnt know marley was so freaky, bro - someone tell me what she said," billie requests, her legs spreading slightly as i press my fingers against her clit. "im gonna fuc- oh.. that explains a lot - we have to go."

she ends the live and pulls my body on top of hers, her lips immediately attaching to mine.

SIX HOURS LATER

"billie," i groan into the phone, walking down the streets of los angeles. "call me as soon as you get this."

i anxiously look at my surroundings as i try to call the girl again. three rings later, and i hear the same message.

"unless your name is marley, just text me - marley, baby, leave a message and ill call you back in two seconds."

"billie, please call me," I say into the phone, pulling my hoodie closer to my body. "you promised you wouldnt leave me alone and now i dont know where the fuck i am - i love you.. please call me back as soon as possible."

i press the red button on my phone before shoving the small device into the side of my bra, just under my arm. i walk a bit further in the dimly lit streets, before i feel arms wrapped tightly around my body and a cloth over my mouth and nose.

finding it hard to breathe, i kick my legs and flail my arms as hard as i can, muffled screams leaving my throat. my eyes fill with tears as i realize the person dragging me into a dark alley isnt going to let me go any time soon.

"you're mine now," the sick voice mumbles into my ear, before everything goes completely black.