A small kiss

Ant woke up as something tickled his forehead. He didn't immediately open his eyes though.

He knew it was Dec who was laying so close to him and whose hair was lightly brushing his skin.

Slowly he opened his eyes. It seemed that the sun was already up, shining lightly through the cracks in his blinds.

Dec beside him was still asleep judging by his slow and even breathing.

They weren't exactly cuddled up together, there was still a gap between their bodies. Only their heads were inclined towards each other, their foreheads almost touching.

Carefully lowering his chin to his chest he looked down between them.

Their hands were laying impossibly close to one another as if they had only recently let go.

He couldn't resist and very gently took his hand back into his, surprised when the action didn't wake him up. He was probably still exhausted from his turmoil last night.

Smiling sadly at the realisation, he lifted his head back up towards his and pressed a barely there kiss to his forehead.

***

Dec knew he was quite a pro when it came to pretending to be asleep. It was quite a useful talent if one could call it that. One could avoid annoying situations or one could just wait and see what would happen next. Like right now.

It was warm and cosy and his crush had just taken his hand and kissed his forehead.

That led to only one problem and that was his frantically beating heart.

For pretending to be asleep the right breathing was key. It had to be slow and even. He didn't know how long he could keep it up with his heart pounding like that. Control was vital.

With some difficulty he turned his thoughts away from Ant and slowly calmed down, almost falling back asleep.

But he didn't want that. He was playing the game after all and he wanted to see how far he could take this.

Shifting a little and snuffling as if he was about to wake up, but never opening his eyes, he started his daring move.

Slowly he pulled his hand, which he had kept limp in Ant's hold at all times, out and lazily threw it across his waist, shifting slightly lower and snuggling right up to his chest, sighing in content. He hadn't done drama in school for nothing.

He felt Ant stiffening slightly, but he had expected so much. If Ant was about to push him off he could always blame it on a dream or on being asleep in general. Another perk of this whole fake sleeping thing.

Nothing of that sort happened though. To his immense happiness he felt Ant adapting his position and slowly bringing his arm around him as well. It was a win.

Silently congratulating himself, he nuzzled even closer to him. Ant's heart was pounding under his ear.

Poor thing, he probably scared him with this sudden invasion of space. Sadly there was no going back now. He was "asleep" after all.

Maybe though, just maybe, there was the possibility that he liked him just as much, but it was wish thinking. He quickly said goodbye to that thought.

Suddenly though, the arm that had so hesitantly curled itself around him, moved slightly up and gentle fingers threaded through his hair, lightly scratching his scalp.

He couldn't hold back the light purr leaving his throat as even with his eyes closed, he felt them rolling back in their sockets.

He absolutely LOVED getting his scalp scratched. How Ant knew that, he didn't know. It was probably just coincidence, but never mind. It felt soo good, just laying there in his arms getting his hair played with.