Chapter 27- Old Photos

Y/n p.o.v
Denis looked like he wanted to burst into tears. I sat down and had worry in my eyes. Mrs Kopotun sat opposite me and Denis got up to sit beside me. Mrs Kopotun took a deep breath then said," Y/n, dear, I am sorry. Your mother passed away two hours ago. She wanted to call you in her final minutes but she passed before they could dial you." I sat quietly then a smile came on my face. "Mrs Kopotun, I told you, you're supposed to play pranks on April Fools day." I chuckled. "I wish I was fooling you." She said. My words got caught in my throat and tears began running down my cheeks. Denis pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight. I told myself to stop crying but the more I told myself to stop, the more they came. 

Denis p.o.v
I looked up from Y/n busy crying into my chest and saw Mom busy rushing away. I could see that she couldn't handle the sadness and went upstairs to escape it. I wanted to escape to but I knew Y/n needed someone so I stayed there while she cried.

I never knew that Y/n could cry so much. But I understand, like anyone would if they knew someone who just lost their mother.

We sat like this for a while until she calmed down and pulled her face from my chest. Her cheeks were stained from the tears, her cheeks were red, her eyes were red and swollen. I looked down at my shirt and saw that it was completely drenchee in tears. "I am sorry, Denis." She said quietly. I looked at her and gave her a warm smile. "Don't be. You can cry all you want. I am right here for you." I said. She tried really hard to smile but it looked like she was forced to smile by someone. I forgot that she always had a big smile on her face and seeing that sad smile, that made me feel horrible.

Y/n p.o.v
I was in my room on my bed, busy looking through old photos that I had with Mum. I don't know why I torture myself by looking at these old photos, but the pain did help make me feel better...if that even makes sense. I saw a selfie that Mum took of us when we were matching with our clothes and went to her friends party. There was a selfie that I took of us when we were at a coffee shop after I got good grades and my mum wanted to take me out for a treat. I swiped and saw a photo of the whole group, Alex, Denis, Sub, Ethan, Elijah and I  sitting on the grass, all of us making funny faces. I smiled and then my face fell as I swiped to the next photo. It was a photo of Elijah and I. He took a selfie when we were at the park the one day after he followed me to the Ballet Academy.

Denis knocked on the door and peeked around. "Yes?" I asked. "Um...Mom was just told that your aunt is going to bring you back to England next week." He said, looking sad. I got up and went to give him a hug. "Thank you for being one of the best friends I have ever had." I whispered into his ear. He squeezed me then left me in my room and I went back to looking at old photos.

I began packing for England, packing as slowly as I could, not wanting to leave America. I knew I didn't have to pack immediately but some voice in the back of my mind said that I should. I am gonna get all of the rest  of the guys here tomorrow so that I can tell them about what is happening. I don't want to go to school without them knowing.

Denis p.o.v
Dinner was silent as we sat down by the table, all you could hear was the knifes and the forks going against the plates. No one was in the mood to talk.

Y/n p.o.v
I ate, said thank you for the food, excused myself from the table and took my plate inside. I went upstairs to go shower.

It was only eight at night but I just wanted to get into bed and sleep.

I was about to get into bed when Denis came by to say good night to me. I said night then fell asleep.