Chapter 6: Bad Dreams

Betty's POV

I jump as I hear a tight scream from my side. I sit up to see Bug in cold sweat with tears running down her cheeks.

"Bug are you okay?" I say as I turn on the lamp. She shakes her head and looks next to her to see an empty space.

"Where's Daddy?! Where is he?!" She cries out as she frantically looks around the room.

"Hey hey hey" I say and try to pull her into a hug to calm her down but she pushed me away and continued to cry. She started to really freak out as she kept screaming for her dad.

The bedroom door quickly opened to reveal Jug, who almost tripped when he entered the room. "Daddyyyyy!" Bug cried as she pulled her hands out. He ran up to her and carried her.

She was crying too much to the point she was having trouble talking. "Buggie I'm right here" He said, bouncing her on his side "I just went to the bathroom" He ran his hands through the toddler's hair and moved it away from her face.

"I'll get her some water" I say and go downstairs.

Jug's POV

I have no idea what happened. I just left to go to the bathroom and I suddenly hear the most painful scream. I quickly ran inside the bedroom to see Bug crying all over the place.

Betty looked so suprised as well. I quickly picked Bug up and tried to calm her down. She was having trouble since her nose was probably all clogged up.

"What happened Bug?" I asked her as I paced around the room. She looked so terrified.

"H-h-he he got y-y-you" she said, trying to calm herself "T-there there was a-a-a l-loud BANG!" She explained with her hands spreading out as she said BANG.

"And then?" I asked her. This sounded like such a bad nightmare. I think this is her first ever nightmare. Poor girl.

"And and and and and-"

"Okay okay shhhh" I said to make her stop talking. I'll ask her once she has calmed down.

Betty walks in with Bug's little sippy cup filled with water. She handed it to me and I held it as Bug slowly drank from it. She slowly inhaled and exhaled as she started to calm down.

She layed her head on my shoulder as little sobs escaped her mouth. "Are you good?" Betty asks her as she rubs her back. Bug nods and looks at the ground.

Betty looked at me with concern on her face. "What happened?" She asked me. "Bad dream" I simply said "I stopped Bug from explaining coz she was having trouble breathing."

Bug was a bit more calm now. Little sobs still escaped her mouth but she was better than she was 10 minutes ago. We decide to go downstairs to watch some tv just to get her mind off of things.

I sat down on the couch with Bug in my hands. I tried putting her down but she wouldn't let go. She would just start whining and making noise.

"Do you guys want any snacks?" Betty asks walking to the kitchen. "Chocolate milk" Bug whispers to me "Chocolate milk" I reply to Betty.

I turn on the tv to Disney Channel. At this time, which is around 2 in the morning, is when they show the old school tv shows such as Good Luck Charlie and The Suite Life On Deck.

The show that was currently showing was The Suite Life On Deck.

A/N ok I just wanted to put this in haha since Cole was in that show

Betty returned with three glasses of chocolate milk. One for Bug, one for me, and one for herself.

"Thanks" I mouthed as she handed a glass to me and to Bug. She sat down next to us "Aww I loved this show as a kid!" Betty says, taking a sip off her glass.

Bug was quietly watching the show, drinking her glass of milk. I look down at her and give a little smile as I see her little face all calm.

I can see Betty on the corner of my eye with her phone out taking a pic. I look up to lock eyes with Betty as she gives a sneaky smile and tries to hide her phone away.

"I saw you Betts" I say with a smile. She scoffs and crosses her arms "I didn't do anything!"

We finished our glasses as the show ended. I looked at Bug who was on her last drop of milk. Now that she was calm, I set her down next to me. "Okay Bug" Betty starts "Wanna tell us the story of your dream?"

"Okay" She replies and licks the milk mustache off her face.

"So um we were like on the road and then the guy with the black mask was there. I dunno what happened but then you went in front" She explained, pointing to me when she said 'you' "Then BANG!" She shouts and expands her arms.

"Shit" I heard Betty mumble as she gave a frustrated sigh.

"Anything else?" I asked

"Uhh I'm not sure but you were on the floor...dead I think."

"Then you woke up?" Betty asks which earned a nod from Bug "Yup!"

Betty layed back on the couch, head facing the ceiling. I did the same. We both closed our eyes, so deep in thought as the faint sounds of the tv circled around our thoughts. This isn't just some nightmare. Maddie doesn't know who the Black Hood is. She's never met him. She has no idea it's Betty's dad, her own grandfather.

All we know is that he is locked up, in jail, never to see the light of day ever again.

"Hello?"

Both of us look down at Bug who is looking at us, obviously confused. She yawns and that means that she's ready to sleep again.

Betty gives her some water to wash all the sugar away and she carries her upstairs.

I open the door for her as she plops Bug down on the bed. "Nooo!" Bug whines as she clings onto Betty's neck "What if he comes back?" She asks with a worried face.

"He won't come back. And if he does your Daddy and I will be right here next to you" Betty says with a soft smile. Bug looked at Betty and I and slowly let go of her.

"Are you sure?" Bug asks "100%" Betty and I say in unison. Bug gives us a little nod and a smile as Betty tucks her in again. "Goodnight Bug" Betty says and plants a tiny kiss on her forehead "Good night Mommy"

And she's off to dreamland once again. Betty stands up straight, looking down at Bug. "Juggie, it might sound weird but don't you think her dream meant something?" Betty asks, biting her nails (a nervous habit of hers). I walk up to her "I don't think so..."

Okay. That is probably the worst answer I could've given at a time like this.

"Think about it Jug. She's never met him, she has no clue who he is, she literally just thinks he's some guy in a dream. But it's my dad!" She was slowly freaking out as she was pacing around the room.

I didn't want to lie. I felt a bit worried as well.

"Yeah okay...it kinda makes sense. But! We aren't exactly sure it's the Black Hood right? So let's not worry first." I reply running my fingers through my hair (a nervous habit of mine).

"Yeah okay..." Betty nods "Let's just not think about it and get some rest."

We both agree and go to bed. We had no idea what was going to happen in the mere future.

Yayy another chapter done! Wow two chapters in a week! Haha I'm so productive *flex*

Anywayy...vote for this chapter and share it with other riverdale/bughead lovers!

Comment ideas as well! I'd really appreciate it!

I hope you guys are enjoying it as I am writing it! :D

Well...I gotta go to bed since it's 10:37pm here.

Byeeee 😚😚😚