1.

" Where is he?" Stephanie screamed out loud, squinting her eyes because it was too bright to keep them open, tears rolled down her cheeks and it felt like they were burning her pale skin off. Is she losing him ? Has she already lost him? Where was he ? Was that the last time she saw him?

" We need you to calm down, " nurse said,
" please, work with us."

" Where is Kole?" She kept screaming, but her screams turned into whispers, she was losing her voice, "Where are you taking him? Is he dead?" Stephanie tried to sit up but couldn't , her body was weak and numb. She wished her tears would stop, but they didn't. So that's it, that's our karma, we had the perfect affair, we matched so beautifully and easily, and that's the ending we get - we get tragedy . We had our last hug, last kiss... Kole, please don't leave me on my own. And as she thought that, her muscles became more relaxed than ever, and her eyes closed .

" I'm so sorry Mr. Bayn , I will leave you with her now." the nurse excused herself . Dad was sitting in the room alone . Devastated . She had three days to live starting from tomorrow , not five, not a week, not a lifetime, just three, and then she rests forever . How could the world be so cruel and take his little angel , his little sunshine away from him, first they took his wife , leaving him alone with their blonde girl Stephanie. Then he was forced to battle with cancer, and he did, he stayed so strong and focused on his life, because he just couldn't leave his daughter, his last most precious person ever. And that's what he gets? All this fight just so they take her away, after all this fighting ? No parent should see their child die .

" Dad?" Stephanie's eyelids stayed closed , Bayn took her hand in his and kissed it.

" My angel, I'm here, I'm here, don't worry you're with me."

His vulnerable daughter opened her blue eyes and they were so confused, you could tell she knew what was going on but still , they stayed confused .

" Dad, I'm so sorry, I didn't know this would happen, I don't know how we got into the car accident, please don't be mad at Kole, it's not his fault ,  it's the other car, God, I don't remember everything, but I just know it wasn't Kole."  Stephanie tried to apologize, she suddenly felt this wave with energy coming over her and she couldn't keep the words from coming out of her mouth ,

"I know honey, I know, don't feel bad." She squeezed his warm hand and he kissed it again, comforting her.

" Dad, is he alive ? Is Kole alive and well ? I want to see him." Stephanie was ready to get up and run into his arms, but again- her body was too weak to do that. She was drained, tired and weak.

" He's okay, he just needs to rest just like you do, you're both going to be okay, you're so lucky. " Axel, her dad started sobbing, hiding his face full with pain and emotion in his hands, letting go of his daughters hand, but then immediately taking it back and holding it close to his heart.

" Dad don't cry, " Steph let out a cry, she hated seeing her dad cry, it made her so upset , she couldn't explain.

" I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm just so relieved you're here. When they called me- I, I was so stressed out, I thought I-"

"Dad, please." Her heart felt so heavy, she didn't want her father to feel like this, she felt like it was her fault, but it wasn't . Car accidents happen every day, and she really was lucky . And Kole, even in situation like this, she couldn't help herself, she imagined his hands and lips, calming her down, whispering comforting words against her forehead.

Axel wiped away his tears and smiled at his brave daughter .He never understood Stephanie's relationship with Kole, no, relationship is not even the right word for it . It was an affair, filled with lust and passion . No matter how many times he told her it's not right, she didn't listen, she didn't want to. She was a taken woman, so was he, but they were inseparable . All she wanted was Kole, and as a protective father, who lost pretty much everything, and is standing still just for his daughter - he had to hope, Kole wanted Stephanie just as much as she wanted and needed him. What else he could do ? Argue and brain wash her , then watch her go and become distant ? - no .

" That's better, " Stephanie wiped the last tear off his face, " your smile suits you so much better than your tears dad."

" I know, same goes for you honey."

" Obviously , I'm your daughter." they both chuckled and it felt so nice . Room filled with something positive, something lighter .

" Dad?" Stephanie sat up and this time it did work, her father immediately stood up and helped her arrange her pillows .

" Yes? You okay ? Do you need something?"

She nodded, it felt so good knowing he was there with her, but it was just that one person missing, " I know it might not be the right time, but, I really want to see him..." She cleared her throat, " Could you go to the nurses, and maybe ask them if it's possible to see him? At least from a  distance, maybe hear how is he doing, anything would make me feel better."

Axel didn't want to do that, he was all about his daughter getting better, focusing on herself and then him, but then again, it was his little daughter, not so little anymore, but still  his . He would do anything for her, especially now, when she had so little left .

" okay honey, I'll go talk to the nurses, but you rest, and don't worry yourself too much."

Stephanie just nodded. Axel turned around and walked towards the door,

" oh and dad?" she spoke, he turned his head to her, listening carefully, " Is it true I have three days to live?"