Chapter 1🚬🚕

Song: Moanin by Charles Mingus, Mingus Big Band,

                            The Smokey Haze

Among the lively lights that reached for the shining point above the rest. The sounds of the city. Meshed together in a band of raging rock to sugary pop of the time. The sounds appeared to sway with shining stars of the night. The sky covered in sea of various shapes and sizes of neon signs swam through the city. The sea of neon hides the darkest parts of the brightest city. Smoke layered thick in the air,how the young who breathed the smoke as air. Who craved the need to release the will of the party into the air. Below the haze of smoke, and sea of color sound and light.Stood rows of yellow waiting to whisk off whoever off to where they are needed.
Stationed at the front of the fleet of yellow similar to how young inexperienced soldiers wait in roll for next command,the shiny new yellow stood. Hasting waiting for the next patron or patroness to help serve them. Disappear first into the night, not to be seen until the morning appears. Hiding in the back,a rusty veteran waiting among the haze. Jazz hummed quietly in the cab,clean of the smoke of the younger world. The driver hid in the shadows of the cab. Faceless to the outside world,tapped along the sad beat.
A squall of ancient doors being hastily opened. A figure quickly slided into the rusty beast cab. Ducking into the aged leather, hiding as a group of screaming flashing youth ran past the cab.

The Driver hidden in the shadows glanced towards their new patroness for the night.

They spoke sounding old with deep roots in Scottish old tongue."Please be careful with the door Lass,"

The girl's eyes are the color of honey and her hair is the bright color of sea, covered in shining piercings."I'm terribly sorry, kinda in a rush to go somewhere".

The Driver grumbled " Well then Lass,where do you need to go in such a mading haste."

She looked away shaking with shame, mumbling." I don't know where i'm supposed to go"

They grinned " Well then Old Spartan shall take you, where you are needed most'.

The rusty yellow roared to life, the young lass gripped the aged leather. Shocked by the sound of the rusty beast. As sounds of jazz and screams of freight blended together. As they dashed off into the city bellows of joy through the night.

The girl calmed, eyes opening, embracing the madness of the ride.Releasing her grip to aged leather. Glancing towards the windows.Watching as Old Spartan as the shadowy driver called it. Dance through the sea of modern yellow, blasting the songs of new into their patron,patroness ears. She leaned back relaxing with the sound of jazz playing quietly.

'Where are you taking me?" She sounded more relaxed, still tense for trusting whoever this figure and strange car was.

"I'm taking you,where you are needed or to be helped". The driver grumbled, dancing through the city streets.

"I cant believe that im trusting a stranger to somehow change my fate".She snapped back, fear and stress laced hidden in her tone."Then at least I give an introduction, since it appears we are gonna become the best of friends." with a happy go lucky voice tied in the jazz hands. Made her appear for a brief moment happy."Crazy cryptic driver and old Spartan.Im".Suddenly the driver blasted the roaring saxophone solo briefly hiding her last few words.

"No real name lass, It's a big rule for company policy'.They lowered the music to reasonable volume.Glancing back to their young patroness.

"WHY can't I tell you my name because of some weird company then Will nickname would work. Since it would not be my legal government name". Saying the last portion with air quotes.

" That works Lass as long it's not associate it with your " Legal government name" then you are good". They chuckled little towards the joke.

" Since this car name is Old Spartan, I shall be forever known as to you as Clio." She roared cheerily watching the streets disappear through their maddening pace.

"Interesting choice of name, Since the name of a goddess of "history and heretic poems". The driver slowed Spartan, rumblings to aging stop.

Clio peaked through the window, seeing an aged library standing before. Eyes adjusting to the lack of glittering lights or sounds. Starred back towards the driver.

"Why did we stop at a library because I swear if I'm gonna die. You should have at least chosen a better spot to do the deed." nervously joking, glancing back to Driver.
She stepped out, brushing a finger along the metal. Placing this and time as perhaps a dream. The driver rolled down the passenger window, tossing her generic looking business card.

" Until meet we meet again Cilo" They sounded, Spartan roaring to life, waiting to disappear into the night. Watching Cilo dart through door, leaving only a simple wave and smile.

Old Spartan darted off, as sounds of jazz and smoke disappeared into the night.