Accidental Landing

I woke to the sound of rapid beeping, or maybe it was buzzing. It was hard to distinguish with the roaring in my ears as I struggled to regain consciousness, my head spinning. Blinking my eyes, the cabin of the ship came back into view as the floor beneath my seat shook violently and the dashboard flashed multiple lights of warning in my face. 

I was going to crash!

I pressed the button to light the screen in front of me that covered nearly nine square feet of the space on the other side of the console. In seconds, the screen flickered to life and I gasped at the sight that greeted my eyes. An unknown planet was rushing up towards me, unrecognizable foliage almost filling the viewer. A scream tore from my throat as the ship met the foreign land.

The sounds of metal crushing surrounded me as I was jerked from side to side, my body only held in place by the safety strap that was fastened around me. Groggily I looked around as the ship came to a stop, the cabin quickly filling with smoke. I had somehow survived the crash but would I make it off this planet alive.

The sweet smell of blood filled my nose, the taste coating my tongue as a cough wracked my body. Hastily, I unbuckled the belt and tumbled to the floor and began to crawl towards the door that had busted open on impact. Light showed through it causing my violet skin to shine despite the smoke that was rapidly surrounding me.

Coughing, I dragged myself from the ship and looked around me but the sight that greeted me made me freeze in fear. Strange creatures held what could only be some sort of weapons aimed straight at my head. I raised my hands and opened my mouth in an attempt to surrender as I hadn't meant to land in their home.

Bang!

And then there was nothing.