Farewell doesn't go well

"As we set Penelope off to her father, we honor her as a hero. The one who finally can be where she wants."

Around me stood dozen of people varying in ages, all wore purple. In front of me was her casket, Penelope's casket. It was covered with a purple shroud and the symbol of Vulcan on a pole next to it. As the lady who was said to be Reyna spoke I couldn't focus on the funeral. I just stood there thinking about my adventures with her.

Next to me however B nudged my shoulder and mouthed the words," They want you to speak." So I looked up to see Reyna on the side of the casket leaving it open for me to speak, something I wasn't ready to do.

"Uhm, hello. I'm Basia but preferred to be called Beige, but this isn't about me. Just like her, I was a sun of Hephaestus or as you know him as Vulcan. Penelope was a strong soul and saved me from our quest, she was the reason anyone of our group survived. She believed that she was cursed. Never to love again." I choked a little speaking.

"She was going to get married before she was attacked. She was raised here and cared for everyone, but the enemy we knew, she told us wasn't. Penelope was and always will be watching us so use her as an example. Never stop pushing, be strong like her. Always remember she called us kids." I couldn't hold in the mixed feelings and ran off. I didn't stop running.

I ended up in a forest unsure where and when I dropped to my knees I screamed. But it wasn't just my scream, it was fear and anger from other souls, blue flames burst out in my anger luckily but somehow not catching anything on fire. It hurt more than anything.

"Well, it seems you are in a pickle aren't you? Your little plan to regain fire seems to give you more than that. Shame, but exactly what you deserve."

I look up to see the smuggest and most punchable face. Aden stood right in front of me. The man who had caused all of this and the son of the goddess Achlys. He had grown since our encounter in the labyrinth with his Platnim hair had become extremely shaggy, almost a complete mess with a scar on his nose that was slightly green.

"I tried getting up but the screams flooded my ears making it only possible to pull out my hatchet from my father," What are you doing here Aden, I know your mom isn't an enemy so speak."

"Oh idiot, stop acting tough. I am here to kill you, however, whatever you were told was wrong. Mother feels more and more pain every day, she did this to my nose. To bad Penelope can't be here to see it, you know cause she is dead." He breaks into laughter and shoves the blade of some sword I haven't seen before directly into my calf. It glowed green, deadly green and oozed into my leg. 

"Wha- Wha was that" The pain grew the more I resisted he laughed as my mind swirled with screams and I collapsed. Around me was just black, pitch black. I wanted to shout but I couldn't, suddenly voices spoke.

Mother, can I see what a school is?

no, the world will reject you

but-

NO BUTS, she will kill you. he will assist.

Not till the curse is gone?

That voice began to increasingly get louder and louder filling my head until a familiar voice broke through shouting. "BEIGE WAKE UP!"

I shot forward coughing water that I was drenched in with B standing over me shaking me violently. I rubbed the water out of my eyes. B Pulls me up from the ground and hugs me.

"Why were you in the lake?!? You practically were on the verge of death and then- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEG!" She was freaking out but I hadn't noticed the pain from my leg until I looked down, not going into details. But ew.

"Well uh, I'll explain at camp just... help me please?" My leg began swelling and I started feeling pain slowly throughout time. At camp, we met up with Lin who looked mad as ever and screamed at me.

"What was that! You've been gone for almost 6 hours and just left? My god your leg what did you do?"

I told them about my encounter with Aden and my vision or dream. I didn't know how I ended up in the lake but I figured it was a second attempt for him to kill me, drowning or poison. I told them how i gained no clues on what to do what so ever. "Where is Nota? I'm surprised she isn't here wanting to kill me."

"Oh well, she is getting you all signed up for school, Junior year woo." Lin seemed a little disappointed at the thought of that so I asked. 

"Are you coming with?" 

"No" he replied, "I have to find Kyla I'm going back to camp Halfblood for a while then I'm setting out, she needs to know I still care.

Recently they had been extremely close to each other before Kyla was exposed to be a spy. She ran off and hasn't left any traces, any sign for adventure was gone. I really had to go back to school. 

"Does this mean we aren't the Ashed prophecy?"

"Nah, never know. All I know is that we have our lives to deal with, be safe you guys." Lin got up and starting heading into town. I turned to B who was content on sitting there and I asked if she was going back to Jupiter but to my surprise, she responded.

"And miss spending time with you guys? Of course, I'm going with you." Her saying that made me smile.

We met up with Nota who was waiting at the exit of Camp Jupiter, "Where are we going then?" Nota pulled out a map and pointed at the State of Arizona. 

"Nota, why are we going there?" B had seemed very confused by my expression. Little was she aware of the history there. 

"Nota we can't go there, you know we cant go to Tucson."

"Tucson? What about tucson Biege someone tell me what is happening here!" 

"I CAN'T- I cant go back to Tucson, I was born there. We were raised there." I choked on the fact I had just admitted that which is something I hadn't needed to bring up before.

Not fond memories of that place as it was just my first home and I didnt remember to much of what happened.

"I'm sorry to bring it up. Let's go." B sounded really hurt and before I could respond we were on our way to a new life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Typos happen