Kuro [1]

Kuroo Tetsurou came short of the first time he laid eyes on her due to a wild Bokuto spiking volleyballs all over campus. Now he didn't go to Tokyo University but the first semester was only beginning and had decided to drop Kuroo to his campus to see him off as they parted ways. But mostly to get the feel of normal college as he himself was going to a sports uni to further cultivate his biceps. Kuroo was glad, despite knowing that being associated with Bokuto in a new place was probably not the best way to make best first impressions on everyone except for the volleyball team. The loud owl was on a hyper drive and Kuroo was missing Aakashi terribly for his extraordinary ability to keep 'Bokuto-san' under wraps. 

Kuroo swallowed uncomfortably whenever he thought about his juniors, most of all Kenma. Thankfully he was pulled out of that downward spiral dodging a spike that looked like it was purposefully aimed for him. He narrowed his eyes Bokuto who was punching his fists through the air, clearly having fun. 

"You know we can't just play volleyball anywhere, right? We've left the court. Stop or you'll hurt someone and I don't want-"

"Just this last one man!"

Kuroo gave a deadpan look to the volleyball sailing over his head and turned to retrieve it only to notice it was about to hit someone. 

Years of instinct, and the excitement to be playing volleyball with Bokuto first day in college, was what allowed him to sprint right under the ball fast enough to tackle the person before the ball crashed through their face. He dug his hands out from under whoever it was and braced it on either side of their head and pushed his body up. Panting, he threw glare at Bokuto yelled, "You idiot! Go get the ball and if I see a single more spike I'll block you till you cry!"

He felt a warm breath hit his neck and looked down but the person- it was a girl he saw now- had rolled away from under him and was getting up. He got up and tried to say something but her back was to him as she brushed grass off herself. She was wearing heavy boots - in the middle of summer- Kuroo thought. She looked smaller from close-by, with an over sized hoodie and thin joggers. She bent over to grab her fallen phone and headphones and Kuroo blushed and looked away. He didn't know why he was so flustered. 

He heard a small 'arigato' thrown his way but by the time he balled up enough to turn around to face her, she was walking away. He didn't see her face, just short dark hair billowing away from her hood as the wind picked up. He watched her go until Bokuto ran up to him with the ball in his hand.

"Sorry buddy, was the dude okay?"

"It was a girl, nice one man." Kuroo finally allowed himself to be wry with the owl. 

"Oh shit. My bad I didn't see her at all. Did she say anything?"

Kuroo tried to remember her voice but it was too low to be distinct and girly enough to impale itself to his memory. "Nah."

"Damn maybe she already hates you, on your first day here."
Kuroo threw a glare at Bokuto, "Thanks for that. There go my efforts to start smooth with college."

Bokuto laughed and slapped Kuroo's back, "I was kidding man, she was probably flustered by how hot you are."

"You know that was a joke in Nekoma right? The girls weren't actually serious about that, they were probably more scared of me."

"Why would you think that?"

Kuroo shrugged, and his brow furrowed, "I don't know buddy. They just behaved weird. Also Kenma said something like that once."
They were walking to the parking outside Kuroo's dorm and Bokuto was spinning Kuroo's volleyball in his hand. Campus tour was drawing to an end. 

"You know that was just cause they were intimidated by you, didn't mean they didn't like you bro. That's what Kenma meant."

"Oya? Since when do you have an EQ?"

"Ay! I've always been smart!"

Kuroo just looked at Bokuto for the buff boy to start laughing, "Alright, alright. I heard Aakashi and Kenma have a meeting on how to deal with us when we're hanging out apparently. And they were comparing notes on how we are when we're separated- and Kenma said that you can actually be pretty cool and intimidating enough to have quite a few fangirls at Nekoma."

"Oh? I had fangirls? I didn't know.." Kuroo tried really hard to remember but just thought of that one girl he almost made cry for some reason when they were working on a project together. She was the shy type and he was just trying to explain. He cringed.

"See? It's alright bro. You'll do fine here! In fact you should wish me luck!"

They were at Bokuto's car now and Kuroo suddenly just wished he could freeze time so bad. 

Bokuto was also silent for while and Kuroo for a second wanted him to be in his emo-mode for old times sake. But when he looked up, he was surprised to see Bokuto in his power stance offering Kuroo his volleyball back, just smiling proudly at him. 

"Bro... we're rock this college shit harder than anyone."

Kuroo smiled. 

"And get that chick's number. I gave you an excuse to meet with someone haha see I do have an EQ."