°2°

Donghyuck is currently eating breakfast in the common dining hall, near the right wall, where  wizards have their own long table. As usual, Jaemin fills his mouth with the food, looking like a starved man once again, but as he looks at his best friend, Donghyuck doesn't feel like eating anymore. He's a little anxious as he doesn't know what to expect from today. So many things could go wrong in such span of time. 

He places his spoon onto the table and takes his cup of tea. Long lines of white steam float in the air as the sweet scent of berries fills his nose. Even if he slept like a baby the last night, he feels exhausted as hell for some reason and when he was woken up at eight by Jaemin, he just wanted to stay in bed forever. It's too early in the morning, he thinks, way too early.

"It's almost ten." Jaemin says as he points towards the giant clock in the shape of a golden owl that is placed just above the teachers table.

"Which means we'll get our schedule." Yangyang sighs in his right too loudly.

"Yeah..." Donghyuck mumbles and finishes his tea.

He is sure that this year will be a mess. He doesn't even want to think of what made Taeyong and Jaehyun decide something like this and actually think of it as a good idea. What about Ten? He didn't even see him the night before and Donghyuck is quite curious of what happened to the vampire. Usually, he always roams the corridors like a lost ghost. 

While his brain decides to become a carnival of thoughts, an envelope lands on his head, then slides in front of Donghyuck. The young wizard takes it in his hands. It is his schedule and he can't help but groan when he reads that he'll have twice more classes than the year before.

Owls suddenly enter the hall, dropping envelopes at everyone inside.

"Why do I need to study the mortals history again?" He complains and glances at Jaemin, who rubs a spot onto his forehead. "I mean, it's useless."

"Actually it is not." A voice chirps from next to Yangyang, making the two look at Kun, who holds his usual serious look. "Humans know about our existence you idiots and they learn about us! We are obligated to do the same thing so you should stop complaining."

"Bla bla bla!!!" Yangyang slams his face onto the table dramatically. 

"It's pointless Kun." Jaemin ads.

"If we think about it like that, yes it is pointless." Xiaojun enters the conversation as well. "But! They are some really interesting creatures and if we think more, the werewolves are half humans so..."

He smirks for a second, but before any of them could add anything else, his eyes shot up in shock.

"What did you say?" A voice hisses from behind, making Jaemin choke on his hot chocolate. "That humans are some interesting creatures?"

Donghyuck manages to slightly turn a bit so he can see the werewolf that heard them and he saw not one, but three of them. He recognizes the guy with the reddish hair from the night before and he tries to avoid his glare.

"My mom is a human." The same werewolf, a blonde tall guy, said and placed his hands on their table. Some long claws scratched the wood and the red haired guy had to stop him from attacking Xiaojun who became small.

"They're not worth it Jeno." The third werewolf growls and looks at them in disgust. "I can't believe we have to study with them."

"As if we want to!" Yangyang snaps and teleports himself right in front of the werewolves.

Jeno smirks. He tries to scare Yangyang, but of course, he didn't even dream of what the wizard can do if he is annoyed.

"Yangyang stop!" Donghyuck stands up and pushes the Chinese wizard away. He doesn't want to assist a murder at all. "Let's just all stop okay? No one wants to have classes with each other so why don't we just mind our own businesses?"