Meeting the folks

(Disclaimer this is one of the first books I'm actually writing, you have any issues with it I would appreciate your suggestions and and help)

This story begins 3 months after the arrest of ex-mayor Bellwether and the graduation ceremony of the new ZPD officers.

Nick's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm it flashes 5:30AM I groan sitting up in my bed, I turn it off and get out of bed I was about to go to the kitchen when my phone rang the screen displayed the name Carrots with a picture of a grey bunny with beautiful amethyst eyes under it so I answered it "morning carrots, what's up?", "Hey Nick I'm getting dressed, are you about ready to head out?" She replied. "Not yet I'm going to take a quick shower, so come over in two hours kay" I pour myself a cup of coffee then take a sip "okay see you then" she hangs up and a few minutes after I take a shower, then I get dressed in my green Hawaiian shirt and a pair of jeans I then grab my keys, phone, wallet, and my badge just in case I need it. Five minutes after I grab my things I start to head out front of my apartments, but as I was locking my door I get a text from Judy saying that she is waiting out front. I smirk at how eager that bunny is, I head outside to see Judy standing at the bottom of the steps on her phone I sneak up behind her and whisper "hey carrots~" then softly blow in her ear. She jumped like two feet and nearly dropped her phone yelling "sweet cheese and crackers!" I laugh at how well I got her. She then punched my arm and said "geez Nick you could've-" I kiss her cutting her off, her cheeks turning red as a cherry afterwards we left for the train. We are on the way to Bunny Borrows where I'm going to meet Judy's family for the first time, me and Judy started dating a week after I joined the force we haven't told her parents yet but she thought it'd be a good idea to tell them in person I agreed with her, but I'm super nervous about how they'll react. Several hours go by then we arrive at the station where we see dozens of bunnies waiting for us, when we get off Judy goes up and hug her parents as I stand two feet away. "Mom Dad this is Nick my uh... partner" I then come up closer "hello it's nice to meet you both, I've heard a lot about you two" I say to them smiling a little nervously "well it's nice to meet you too" Judy's mom responded then I was swarmed by six small kids, "something wrong Judy?" Her mom asks her "well me and Nick have something important to tell you both alone" their faces show a bit of confusion and concern. We get to Mr and Mrs Hopps house after a two hour ride in the back of their pick-up truck we then get the kids off of me then me, Judy, and her parents go in and sit down in the kitchen "so um what is this important news about?" Judy's dad asked, "well um don't freak out, but um me and Nick are dating" Judy answered and as soon as she said that their faces went pale in total shock and disbelief "we're sorry for not telling you sooner Judy wanted to tell you in person" I explain to them nervous about what they might say or do "well when did um this start?" Her mom asks "we started dating a week after Nick joined the ZPD, but I sort of started having feelings a little before then" Judy answered rubbing her arm nervously.