Part 1

"Kimberly."

The name rolled off my tongue easily, though I felt like a different person. I
looked around the circle of girls, all dressed-to-impress, around me. They claim they are my friends. They claim this is my apartment. They tell me I need to get my shit together, catch an Uber, and go to work. The problem is, I don't know who I am.

I woke this morning in a strange bed. I looked out a strange new window, and upon a city full of skyscrapers, and thought it has to be a dream. It wasn't until the girls burst in, that I realized something was very wrong.

"Say it again! You are Kimberly Stewart!" Maddie, the girl next to me with beautiful blonde hair, I was instantly jealous of the moment I saw her, shouted at me.

"Kimberly Stewart. Okay okay, but I'm not. You believe me right?"

I glanced around at the girls, who instantly stopped looking at me. Their eyes looked to the floor, covered in plush white carpet. They stared up at the ceiling, also a beautiful professionally-cleaned, white. They looked at each other, as if silently asking how they should respond.

"Kimmy, I think you just drank too much last night." Amber, sitting on the other side of me, was brave enough to say what the others were thinking, obviously.

Amber's soft brown hair fell in front of her face as she gave me a sympathetic look. Her hand resisted on my shoulder. It was clear she had comforted people many times in her life, or maybe she had been in need of comfort. She seemed to be the only genuine one of my "friends."

Could I have drank too much? Did I drink myself into a dream of marriage, and living in small-town Indiana?

That's who I was supposed to be--Casey Reed. I was a small town nobody from Indiana. I had a husband, no children, and no job. I'd never been to the big city. I'd never even walked into an apartment so luscious, but at night I sometimes dreamed of people who lived lives like this.

The girls all stood up, and headed straight for my bedroom. My bedroom--it was enormous. I don't know how I wouldnt remember something so spectacular. My bed was wooden, 4 post, and pushed up against /floor-to-ceiling windows. I
followed the girls, and soaked up the luxury of it all. I don't know what I do for living, or how much I make in this life, but I must be some kind of hot shot.

Tina was the first to emerge from a walk-in closet, carrying a bright red dress. "Gucci okay? Since you're not you today, I'm assuming you're going to be less stuck-up than usual." Her tone was clipped. This one, obviously didn't like me. The feeling was mutual.

Tina was a blonde. She had, clearly fake, dark highlights. Her hand brushed over the material, and she looked at it sadly. Jealously, possibly. These girls were all very easy to read.

"You're kidding right?" I started to laugh as she quickly tossed the dress toward me.

"Get dressed bitch. Your boyfriend is going to fire us all if we are late." She stormed away quickly, and started fixing her hair at a vanity.

"Boyfriend? What am I dating the boss or something." I couldn't help but bust out laughing as I began to change.

"Yeah, you are. You're dating the CEO, and us little secretaries don't catch a
break when we need to play save a ho, so can you please put on the fucking dress, and shoes, quickly." Tina gave zero shits about feelings.

"Save a ho?" I looked over at Amber, hoping for some clarification without the attitude.

"You're boyfriend is kind of a jerk, sweetie." She zipped up the dress, which was a perfect fit. "You get in trouble, and we get in trouble. Try to keep it together today."