Chapter 16

Melanie POV

Adrian and Vivian showed up around four thirty I was in the kitchen helping out with dinner. I thought they weren't going to make it back since traffic in California was beyond horrible.

"Melanie, look at my drawing I made for you at school."

"Such a pretty drawing, Thank you so much. I'll put in my room."

"You will?"

"Of course I will princess." 

Adrian, seemed to be in a different world. I had asked him if he wanted anything to drink and he didn't hear me. He was zoned out. I wonder what it was?

Later after we had dinner, Vivian, Nana and I were at the yard while Adrian was in his office.

He seemed to be trouble by something. I hope it wasn't something I did. I really hope he wouldn't kick my Nana and I of the house. All these strange thoughts came to me, but I knew he was different.

Before I knew it, it was getting pretty dark. I went to bath Vivian and put her to sleep.

Just as I made it to my room and put my pajamas there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

"Melanie, I thought you were asleep."

"I was about to,  is there something I can help you with. Adrian, You seemed to be zoned out at dinner."

"It's your father."

Just as I heard him say "father" I was starting to shake.

"W-what it is"

"He came to my office while I was at lunch with my cousin and then he showed up at Vivians School. He demanded the teachers he was authorized to take her. He wants to see you."

Tears started falling on my face.

"Adrian, please don't let him get near her. Let's just do what he wants so no one gets hurt."

"No, I'm not letting him near you." He pulled me into him.

"Please lets just do what he says."

"No, we're not doing that."

I was indeed scared.

"B-But,"

*****************

Adrian POV
"B-But"

"Don't worry my Angel. I have this whole house secured and got everything under control."

Before she could say anything else I carried her bridal style and placed her gently on the bed.

"Come on let's just sleep. I've had a really busy day and I'm exhausted."

I was taking my clothes off and suddenly she starts panicking

"Wait why are you taking off your clothes!"

"I don't like to sleep with clothes on, Wait, Have you never seen a man without clothes?"

She turned around and covered her face with the blanket.

"Melanie look at me." I said as I smiled.

"Adrian, please put your pajamas or something on. Please."

I chuckled and couldn't resist it. I got on top of her and pulled her to my lips.

"You drive me crazy you know that."
I kissed her, I'm not sure how long we were making out like teenagers and she suddenly said

"This isn't right, please."

"Your lips are so addictive."

I pulled apart and saw a tear and I got off her.

"My Melanie, Did I hurt you."

"No, It's just -I'm scared of all this."

"Melanie, I would never to anything to hurt you."

"I know your not like him , but I'm scared to wake up and all of this be a dream."

"Oh trust me it's not, I tend to keep it this way."

"You might be bored of me and then put an end to this."

I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"Your the most amazing person, I've ever met. Your so wise and smart. I could never do that to you."

"Adrian, your mother has different plans for you. She said it crystal clear that you and that girl were suppose to marry. I'm not even that type of woman you are used to."

"Look I can care less what my mother thinks. I think I'm quite grown to choose what I want. Don't you think."

"I don't want you to be mad at your mother, because of me."

"Lets not talk about it, come on let's just sleep."

"Okay, but please put some clothes on."

I could get used to this, I thought.

She was not any other girl. She different, different from Lidia. Melanie was so innocent and caring.

I got up and headed to my room and changed  then went back to our room. I had to get either my clothes in here or her stuff in my room. She was right. I had to put clothes on, I didn't want my princess walking in the room like she usually does and see me half naked, not a good example for my five year old.

I got into bed and pulled Melanie next to me
Her head laid on my chest and I kissed her forehead.

"Good night my Angel."

"Good night Adrian."

********************
What do you guys think Ethan is up to?
Do you guys think she's falling for him?