Chapter 3: Chunin Exams Pt.2

(Bre's P.O.V.)

           A week went by, Gaara never leaving my thoughts even once. It was annoying to say the least, but oh well. I finally made it to the academy where the first exam was being held, once I reached the 2nd floor I saw a whole group of people crowding one of the doors, which was strange since we were supposed to be headed towards the 3rd floor instead. That's when I noticed two leaf shinobi had placed a genjutsu on everyone, and was fooling them into believing they were on the third floor instead. Before I could even fully reach them and get them to knock it off, I noticed Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura walking up to them first interrupting their antics of kicking around some other poor leaf village Genin. He had a black bowl cut shaped hair cut, and exceedingly bushy eyebrows. I could feel all of his determination radiating off of him, in fact all three of the shinobi being pushed around seemed tougher than what they were displaying. Obviously a ploy to make us all underestimate them somehow. 

          Sasuke managed to get the two shinobi to release the genjutsu, the bushy browed ninja revealing himself to be Rock Lee. He tried to ask Sakura out, but of course she rejected him. I suppose most girls around this age tend to be more attracted to looks rather than true personality. That much is proven by how many girls go crazy over Sasuke when he tends to be a real ass towards most of them honestly. I just sighed at the situation, then walked off unnoticed to the real exam room. It appeared to me that I got there even before the others did, Kakashi-sensei stood there gazing out the window lost in thought. "Well, look at who's actually on time for once. Are you worried about us Sensei~?" I piped up in an almost taunting manner. He turned his gaze towards me, narrowing his eyes slightly, then sighing and shaking his head. "No, not really. I just wanted to make sure all of you showed up. Since you're here by yourself, I take it Sakura chose to take the exam after all?" He questioned. I nodded my head, "Indeed. I saw them all just a moment ago on the second floor. Although, she does seem to be a bit nervous. She didn't even register Sasuke actually complimenting her in his own way." I stated, crossing my arms and leaning against one of the nearby windows. "I see, but I'm glad she has chosen to take the exams regardless. Both for her sake, and for the sake of the other two. I believe this will make them all much stronger no matter if they pass or fail." he said. I nodded my head in agreement. "Yes, you're right. I just hope it's the previous, not the latter. Personally, I'm tired of being a Genin. I'm sure at least Naruto and Sasuke feel the same, can't say I'm too sure about Sakura's feelings on the matter though." I said, before straightening myself up, and stretching my arms with a yawn, feeling my shoulder blades give a satisfying pop. 

                 "Regardless, it's gonna be a pain in the ass doing this alone. Even if I am already well above even Chunin or Jounin level. Still, I can sense the other 3 are close to arriving here now. I should head inside, see ya later, Kakashi-Sensei." I said to him, walking ahead towards the door. "Yeah, see ya on the flip-side Bre. Good-luck." he said, as I opened up the doors and walked inside. I was immediately hit with a momentarily blinding light, before my eyes finally adjusted and I registered all of the other competitors in the room. There were a lot of other Genin in this room, it was enough to make most normal people grow exceedingly nervous, even the most confident of them wouldn't go on without feeling the immediate pressure. Still, it wasn't a set of odds that I was unused to or something. I've faced worse, though I could do without all those annoying hateful glares I was receiving from literally everybody in the room. Including the other 6 leaf Genin rookies that were already here. Shikamaru was the first one to approach me, "Why are you here alone? I thought there had to be three squad members for someone to enter, don't tell me the rest of your team got too scared and backed out the whole thing?" he questioned me. I shot him an annoyed glare. 

           "No, they'll be in here any moment now, as soon as Kakashi-Sensei lets them by. As for that whole 3 squad members rule, they made an exception for me just this once. I'm on my own for this one." I responded, shrugging my shoulders in a manner that showed it was really no big deal to me. He looked momentarily shocked, then kind of annoyed, but before he had the chance to respond Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura all walked in. I just walked over and leaned on a wall, as their minds processed everything they were now facing. Sakura was the first to pipe up, stating the obvious "O-oh my! I guess we're not the only ones here, I didn't know there would be so much competition!!" she exclaimed in shock. That's about the same time Ino tackled poor Sasuke into a death grip type hug, clinging to him like a baby sloth does their mother's back. That immediately sparked an argument between her and Sakura. The rest of the rookie Genin, a.k.a. our former classmates, all made their way toward us as well. It was easy for me to remain unnoticed by any of them though. I just stayed quiet, listening and watching as they made some type of spectacle of themselves in front of God and everybody.