Chapter 7

"I know who it is we can take you to him," Inkcloud said. He knew Silence very well, they were at the same Iacon academy for young warriors. Smokescreen's optics lit up with joy. "Really?" he asked. Inkcloud nodded. "Come on guys we must go since the cons didn't notice us yet." the commander said and walked out of the ruins with Silentspark behind him with Smokescreen still in his servos. 

Two guards and one sparkling safely returned back to their own base where the rest of their team was waiting impatiently for them. "Hurray! You're back!" one of them yelled in relief. "Do not yell or cons will hear you," Inkcloud replied jokily. "Ah, come on!" the bot whined. "Zip it, Silvershadow. I am going to be deaf because of you." another Autobot said. "An who is this little guy?" the third Autobot asked. "That is Smokescreen, he survived the attack at the Iacon's border," Inkcloud explained. Five guards looked at the sparkling in their teammate's servos. Sparkling was a bit afraid of them but he knew they are the good ones.

Smokescreen looked at Inkcloud with a pleading expression. "Don't worry, Smokescreen. We will find your brother." Inkcloud said with a smile. "Brother?" one of the Autobots asked. "Yes, he is the only sparkcyrcle this sparkling has. Silvershadow and Echo you go ask for an Autobot named Silence and beware his brother Supreme." Inkcloud ordered and two Autobots nodded and left. "Why do they have to beware of Supreme?" Smokescreen asked. "He is a traitor," Inkcloud explained.

"A Decepticon? But... he can't..." Smokescreen stuttered shocked. "Smokescreen, this is war and bots are different. But I do believe he didn't act nicely." Inkcloud said. Smokescreen nodded. "He... He was mean to me. He yelled at me and had a lot of bad rules." he almost whispered with a little fear in his voice. "Do not think about it now, little one. We will take you on our base and give you some Energon." another Autobot said with a warm smile on his face plates. 

"Where did you take Jazz?" Smokescreen suddenly asked. Five guards changed looks. "Smokescreen he is one with the Allspark, nothing hurts him now," Inkcloud explained carefully choosing words. Sparkling's optics started to leak a little coolant. Silentspark rubbed sparkling's back trying to comfort him. Soon the sparkling fell into recharge and the guards sighed in relief. "Poor mech." said Inkcloud. "Yeah." other Autobots sighed and together they entered the base.

"Hey, Inkcloud!" commander turned to the voice. "That your friend, you know, Silence, he is with Prime now along with Bumblebee. Something about Tyger Pax I don't know more. It's just Echo stayed there to tell him the sparkling is here." Silvershadow said. "Thanks, Sil," Inkcloud replied. "Is my brother alright?" Smokescreen asked quietly with a pleading look. Silvershadow sighed. "I don't know, kid. But I am sure he'll come here right after Echo tell him you're here," he said and sparkling nodded hanging down his tiny helm.

"Since Silvershadow woke you up let's give you some Energon," Inkcloud said breaking the silence between his team and leading Silentspark with Smokescreen to a little room on the base. It was like a playroom made for sparklings. Smokescreen was nervous when Silentspark set him on the floor. "It's okay, kid. No one will hurt you here. Go play until I prepare the Energon." Inkcloud smiled warmly at the sparkling.

Smokescreen carefully grabbed Silentspark's servo. Mute Autobot looked at him with a questioning look on his facial plates. "Will you... play with me?" Smokescreen asked. The young guard smiled and nodded sparkling smiling back and led Silentspark to the corner where he wanted to play.

Almost an hour passed since the sparkling came to the elite guard base and his brother finally arrived. Most of the guards didn't know Silence and refused to let him enter the base. Fortunately, Inkcloud appeared before anything happened because the scout was more than angry when they refused to let him see his brother.

"What is going on here? Don't you know he is invited here?" Inkcloud asked the gate guards a bit pissed. Two gate guards were quiet they did know someone is going to come but they didn't know who. Inkcloud sighed. "I will overlook this for once but I don't want this to repeat. Come Silence," he said and went back inside with Silence right behind him.

"How's life? I haven't seen you in ages." Inkcloud asked as they walked through the corridors of the base. "Could be better. Once I thought everything is getting better and then it flipped to worse." Silence replied. Inkcloud only nodded once but kept quiet.

When they finally reached the room Silence hesitated a little. "Is everything alright, Silence?" Inkcloud asked. Bigger bot nodded. "It's not but I must see him," he said and Inkcloud opened the door to the room. "Hey, kid. Look who's here." Inkcloud called as they entered the room.

Smokescreen didn't even have to turn his helm to know who came. "Silence!" he yelled and rushed as fast as his peds allowed him to his brother. Silence half knelt just a second before sparkling jumped around his neck cables hugging him tightly. "I was so scared..." Smokescreen whispered into Silence's audio receptors on the edge of crying. Silence tightened his grip over the sparkling. "I'm sorry, little brother. Everything is going to be alright," he said.

Silence thought for a while. "Inkcloud?" he addressed his friend. "Yup, Si?" the addressed bot replied. "Could I leave Smokescreen here with you? I have already thought about letting him join you. Your group is the safest of all. You sure understand my situation." Silence asked his friend. Inkcloud smiled immiadetly. "I still owe you, buddy. Of course, he can stay here. I and my group can watch over him and start his training sooner so he would have it easier." he replied with a happy expression. "Thank you, friend." Silence thanked kindly.

"You won't be here with me?" Smokescreen asked scared. Silence turned to him. "Of course, I will, I would never leave you," he replied. "You will only stay here with Inkcloud and his team. I will come and see you every day I promise." Silence added.