Chapter 2: No such thing as magic beans?

Pov: Alex

After freeing an unconsious Mr Kench from a wax prison, Alistar and I began walking down the road.

"So how are we going to find Arthur exactly." I ask while trying to catch up to his speed walking. Somehow he was always looked like he was at a walking pace yet I had to jog to keep up.

"I have many ways to find someone, but I know thay none will work on Arthur." He states.

"Oh great. How do we find him then?"

"Its actually very simple" he begins "I use all my tracking methods, and when they fail to find him, I will know where he isn't. One thing is very clear, he is somewhere in this town"

"How can you tell that?"

"The whole 'I stole part of his soul' thing springs to mind, its like i can sense his childish presence. Now tell me, where can I find a large body of water. Deep enough to submerge a grown human body completely" he asks me casually.

"..... thats... very specific. What are you going to do if I tell you?" I ask suspiciously.

"I want to plant some magic beans"

".... Say again?" I ask. I have no idea what that means but i can already feel that it won't be good for me.

_________________________________________
In Alex's apartment

.... and here I am. Filling my bathtub with water while Alistar stares at my phone.

"Hey kid. What is with this strange device?"

"Its a phone. You go online with it and text and stuff. Everyone has one" I explain before turning the tap off.

"I remember back in the world war we had radio's to do that. And they were huge boxes. Its amazing what a world without magic can do over the years..." He looks away from the phone and at the filled up bathtub "Oh good, you are done"

"Yeah. Now tell me about this 'magic bean' thing you mentioned earlier, and if it will it end up attacking me" I ask

Alistar suddenly takes a small bean out of his pocket and holds it above the water ".... hey you don't have a fear of being strangled do you?" He asks

"Wait what?" My question gets completely ignored as Alistar drops the bean into the water. In the first few second the water suddenly glows green.... but then stops completely afterwards..... nothing is happening.

"....." Alistar is quiet.

".... its not doing anything" I state the obvious.

"I know" he replies.

".... we going to wait here?"

"Probably......."

We wait there in akward silence for about a minute before Alistar speaks up.

"Ok im bored now. This is as fun as watching plants grow. Which we are doing. Which from personal experience, isn't that fun." He sighs

"... maybe the magic rubbed off?" I question.

"... jokes arn't a good colour on you." He replies before walking out of the bathroom "hey do you have a coffin I can sleep in?"

I follow "why would I have a coffin laying around?"

"Hey you should be prepared. If someone dies are you just going to role them up in a carpet?" He says. The weird part is that I think he is serious.

"Well I don't have one so deal with it" I say. It feels like having the most annoying roommate ever and he dosn't even pay rent even though he is loaded.