Chapter 7: Encounter

Y/n Pov:

*10:30 pm, 05-18-2017*

I check out on biometrics as I finish my shift. I changed my uniform to my clothes and sit to one of them inside.

"Yo, Y/n, did you eat already?" My co-worker Jeonchi asks.

It's been a month since I fly back to Korea, and yeah, I happened to work at 7/11 in Seoul. I've been working here for 3 weeks now, the pay is actually not that bad, and I don't need that much energy to do the work it's pretty easy, I just have to scan the items that the customers get, refill the shelves and mop the floor if needed. I haven't even said to the people I meet or know here that I'm back in Korea. Why? Because I was planning to surprise them and I actually forgot since I'm enjoying my job. But I'm still in touch with them, I'll just make it happen soon.

I know, why, work here if I got pay a 100million dollar by the President of Switzerland, it's because I want too, okay, and what the problem working here, right?.

"No," I said as I faced him.

"Here, eat that" tosses me a subway sandwich, which I thankfully catch.

"Thanks, bro," I said and start eating the sandwich, I totally forgot how hungry I am till now.

Jeonchi and I chat as we both eat our so-called dinner; a guy walked inside, pick his items, pay for it, and took a seat in front where I'm sitting on. We watch him get his laptop out do something on it looking frustratedly.

Jeonchi and I looked at each other confused, then looked back at the guy.

We continue to spy on him for hours, and we saw how this guy breaks down and gave up on what he's doing on his laptop. Jeonchi and I talked with our eyes of what the heck should we do, I just sighed since my co-worker don't want to approach the guy.

When the guy calmed down, I slowly walked near him and took a seat in front of him.

"Sir, are you okay?" I asked him. He looked at me, wiping his tears, and sadly give me a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm okay, sorry you have to witness that," he said and took a shot of his 2 bottles of soju.

"It's fine sir, we all have our own hardships," I said and him a small smile, he smiles back a little bit.

The atmosphere became silent, no one speaks, no costumers walked inside the store, Jeonchi just watches us also listening to us. The atmosphere became awkward every second passed. But thank God, the man speaks again.

"I just can't afford to lose my job, you know, I have a family to feed. I was just doing fine a few months ago. This new guy gets into our team sabotaging me to my work, speaking through my back, saying things I didn't do, accusing me of the things I do have an idea at all, I didn't fight because I know if I do, I literally lose my job because everyone is on his side, and what he did to me now really crossed the line. He fucking deletes my presentation and proposal! I've worked for it for months, it's my last shot to get the project to make my career stable. But he fucking ruined it!" He said, getting angry as he recalls what that man did to him, drink the remaining content in his bottle.

That man is really horrible, ruining someone just so he can get want he wants. I despised that kind of person. This man in front of me deserves that project, I can see it through his eyes that he's telling the truth. That fucking man needs to learn a lesson. I'll make sure that this man in front of me will able to present his proposal.

"Sir, can you tell me what proposal you've been working on?" I ask, he hesitantly looks at me but eventually shows me what he's been working on his laptop and told me everything about it. Okay, I can help him to finish it in 2 days and good thing his presentation is 3 days from now.