Chapter 3

Logan

When I grabbed her neck, she stifled a scream. I covered her mouth and got  it duct taped.As I picked her up, she started struggling. I hoped that she knew that it was hopeless. I was stronger than her and smarter. I carried her to the trunk and put her in it. She stopped struggling and looked at me, tears glistening in the moonlight. "I'm so sorry that this happened to you," I whispered softly. I slowly shut the trunk and turned away before she could see me cry. God, why was I being so puny. I only had 5 more miles to the safehouse,so I got into the drivers seat and started on my way. I will fix this mess that I've gotten her and myself into.I will fix this.

Sophia

I can't believe this! He just tossed me into the trunk. I feel tears coming up.No, I tell myself.I will not show him my tears.Crap! Too late. He looks at me and whispers something that I can't hear. He turns away, but I see a tear running down his face before he has a chance to turn.Then he slowly closes the trunk.Now that he can't see me, I break down crying, the tape muffling my sobs.Why was he crying? He wasn't the one who was kidnapped and put into a trunk.I knew I had suck it up.For now, I would play his game and when he trusted me ,I would stab him in the back and slowly twist it just so that I could see the pain emercing from him. I grinned to myself and waited for the ride to be over.