Brotherly Concern

Faint footsteps grew louder in the distance jolting Hailey back to her surroundings.
She wiped her cheeks furiously with the back of her palms and tried to compose herself just as Percy's grinning face approached her.
"Knew I'd find you here sis" he came beside her and put an arm around her. "Where's Nico?"
Her heart stuttered at his name. It hurt even to hear his name at this moment.
"I-I don't know." She hated how she stammered and hoped her brother wouldn't guess anything's amiss with her.
"Well, then why are you still here? Come on? I am hungry and I miss my little sister's company"
Hailey tried to smile at Percy, for his sake. She loved her half-brother more than she would any sibling of her own and she hated when he worried too much.
But something must have faltered in her smile and Percy noticed it immediately.
"What's wrong, sweetheart?"
Everything. "Nothing."
"Your eyes are red, your hair is a mess and you look absolutely worn out" Percy diagnosed her like a doctor. She wanted to roll her eyes.
"I am fine, Dr. Jackson, just need some rest" She managed a small smile for real this time and kissed Percy's cheek.
"Let's have dinner. Annie is probably already missing you"
Percy smiled sheepishly and hooked his arm through Hailey's and very very unwillingly, ignoring her instincts to curl up in a ball and die, she made her way to the dining pavilion.